445 days of Keychain Abuse: A Photographic tribute to my Quark MiNi AA

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
I present for your viewing pleasure: the current state of my Quark MiNi AA XP-G R5, Aluminum model. This light is from the original pre-order round, and was received by me on November 20, 2009. It has not yet left my keychain, 445 days later.

img3716f.jpg

img3711w.jpg

Still works great:

img3735ze.jpg

The glass lens seems to be doing fine, despite the light constantly rattling around in my pockets.

img3714.jpg

There seems to always be some residual worry about the MiNi series keychain attachment point. My original key ring included with the light, and key ring attachment point are doing a-okay, with only cosmetic damage.

img3717ss.jpg

Pictured with its keychain friends:

img3719f.jpg

Functionally still perfect, and with only cosmetic damage, it's really not in too bad of shape overall!

img3737c.jpg

img3736gt.jpg

img3698f.jpg

img3723.jpg

I decided to post these pictures because I was thinking of replacing my MiNi AA with a Preon ReVO (just for something smaller), but it's hard to want to abandon something that hasn't ever let me down.

So, cheers to my MiNi AA.

Coop57

Enlightened
Good to see your Quark Mini AA is durable. I'm on day two with the Mini AA on my keychain. It has replaced my ARC AAA that I've carried for about 5 years.

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
The finish has held up really well on your light. The Fenix light that I have carried on my chain is a LOT more banged up!

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
Man... that light looks beat to hell.... I LIKE IT :thumbsup:

I pocket carry my lights so they dont get as beat up, but ive been contemplating a keychain light. I just have too much stuff on the key ring as it is...

nickdolin

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mini123 that looks similar as it spent about 6mo on my keychain.... no problems with it other than some random mode jumping but making sure the battery contact is clean helps with that...

brandocommando

Enlightened
Wow, I was expecting a lot worse condition than that.

Very nice to see how durable the finish is (and how the attachment point is holding up.)
I carry a SS Fenix LD01 on my keychain...

Thanks for the report.:thumbsup: