Yezl XM-L T6 - M6 & Y6 1*18650's

Richie086

Enlightened
Hi folks,

I want to share some info on these two new single 18650 XM-L T6 flashlights I received from one of our forum dealers, CNQualitygoods.com.

When it comes to price, these will be hard to beat. The M6 with HA lll is $37.99 and the Y6 is $29.00, prices are before CPF discount. Also,

I don't believe the Y6 is HA lll.

m6y6.jpg

Front to back: Yezl Y6 and M6. Both feature the new XM-L T6 emitter.

This is the 3-mode version and a 5-mode is available.

m6y6wf500.jpg

Size comparison with a Ultrafire WF-500 in the rear.

m6y62d.jpg

A photo with the M6 on the left, Energizer standard 2 D

and the smaller Y6. Both Yezl's feature a very nice aluminum SMO

reflector.

m6hand.jpg

Yezl M6 hand shot. Hard to believe this little flashlight packs so

much light power. Then again, that's an XM-L T6 for you.

y6hand.jpg

Yezl Y6 handshot. The Y6 version features a glow tail button that

works very well. Both XM-L versions produce a beautiful white light, so

color rendition is excellent.

Now for the business end. Camera settings were 4 sec, f2.8 @ 60 feet

to my shrubs.

yezlM6.jpg

Yezl M6 beam shot.

It features a larger reflector than the Y6 thus producing a more

concentrated and distinct hot spot with larger spill.

yezlY6.jpg

Yezl Y6. With it's slightly smaller reflector, it produces a less defined slightly floody hotspot with slightly less spill. However, either of these lights are wonderful light producers and would excel as a bicycle light or walks in the woods. Frankly, I think either would be great for just about any use, they produce that much light.

M6vsAuroraP7.jpg

A shootout between the Yezl M6 (left) and my new Aurora AK-P7-3 SSC P7-C 2-Mode 2*18650's. Both Yezl models are manufacturer

rated for 800 non-ANSI rated lumens. I love my Aurora, but this photo truly shows the power of an XM-L T6 :thumbsup:

Sorry Aurora :thumbsdow

As for the UI, both lights utilize a reverse tail-clicky. Click fully to turn the light on. It will memorize last mode used. Half press switch to medium brightness and half press to low brightness. Regardless of the mode, the light can be turned off at any point by fully pressing the switch. Thank goodness no strobe or flashing modes. I have to say, IMHO, I think the brightness levels are perfect and I wouldn't want them any different.

I did notice these lights get warm fairly quick, which really shouldn't be much of a surprise. But I did coat the threads of the pill, which screws into the throat, with Arctic Silver 5 just to make sure the heat has somewhere to go.

The tail cap threads on the Y6 were not as smooth as I'd like, and the M6 threads were on the rough side.

At the tail cap, both read .955mA with a fully charged Trustfire 2400mAh charged to 4.2v. Both are rated for the following:

High mode, - 2500MA

Medium mode - 840MA

Low mode - 125MA

Both of these are certainly keepers. When it comes to shear light output, it's like having miniature ThruNite Catapult V2 XM-L's in my hand.