Found a free easy fix to the surefire g2x pro mode switching problem

Z

z_HEMI1300

Just received my new surefire g2x pro yesterday. I already own the 6px tactical but I wanted to desperately try the dual mode bc the 6px eats through batteries like crazy with just the one 200lumen setting. So far I like the g2x and the low mode is very handy and the mode I use the most so far. Was usin it at work today and every time I set the light down, while still turned on, it would switch to high mode. Even when I set it down very gently it still did the same, this was drivin me crazy. Decided to try if I could find a way to fix it, discovered the reason why it happens is bc the batteries lose continuity with the head in a light drop of the light, like the tail cap spring isnt stiff enough to hold the btteries tight in the tube or something. I ended up using two small washers, one between the batteries, and one on the end of the battery at the tail cap end. Total thickness of both washers is probably about 1/8, had to find some washers small enough to fit in the little recessed part of the negative side of the battery (bc the shrink wrap on the battery overlaps the outer edge) so they would still make continuity. Anyways, it worked great, tail cap still functions like normal, and I dropped the light pretty hard 4 or 5 times on the floor and it actually stayed in low mode. I know this seems like a cheap fix, but it was free and easy, also saved me from sending the light back go surefire only to receive another one that had the Sam problem