• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Download PocketRocket with a 4500K SST90 twist

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is a Download Pocket Rocket from the 2nd run modded with a McR20S reflector and a SSR-90 4500K WM LED. It is aluminum with an HA finish and a GITD tail switch cover.

I purchased the light used a short while back and it came with a MC-E with a pretty dismal cold beam - this just wouldn't do - so I modded it.

The mod included finding a reflector which would both fit nicely in the light, still look stock, and provide a floody but still useable spot/flood combo. A McR20S reflector fit all of these requirements. I had to trim out a bit of the back of the reflector to widen the hole and make it fit flush with the start mounted SST90.

I sourced a top bin 4500K WM SSR-90 (SST90 mounted on a star for those not familiar) which is rated 850-1000 lumens @ 3.2A. Modding the pill was no big deal - remove the MC-E, trim the SSR-90 start down to fit, glue with Arctic Alumina and solder the leads.

Once put together and tested - this light rocks! On an fresh AW2900 18650 I am measuring ~4.5A at the tailcap - it's a wall of beautiful neutral light - for a short time as it gets hot fast on hi, but WOW! The other two levels measure out at about 100mA and 700mA.

This is one of my better mods and looks and performs great. I am selling it to fund other purchases.

There is a really tiny ding near the bezel. See the pic below.

First posted Ill take it. gets item.

Because SST/SSR-90 LEDs are not cheap the price is $175 PP only. This includes all PP fees and CONUS shipping first class (Priority w/ DC $5 extra). Int'l first class shipping is available for $10 extra.

PocketRocket_2.JPG

PocketRocket_3.JPG

All those little flecks around the lens are dust.

PocketRocket_1.JPG

Tiny ding. Smoothed out so no rough edges.

PocketRocket_4.JPG