Anyone have a Peli M10 yet?

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
I have a M10:

a: I don't have a M7 so I can't compare the two. I don't know what you are looking for in a switch but it has a nice positive click without pushing too hard.

b: It has a very tight beam, slightly whiter than my PM6. With Writeright the beam is still fairly thin but much more even.

I got mine about 6 months ago but never really used it. PM me if you are interested in taking it off my hands for a good price.

Alan

arioch

Enlightened
I also have an M10 and an M7.

1.)The M10 switch is slightly different from the M7 in that the M10 switch is kind of "flush" with the barrel, where you have to push your thumb into the barrel to turn it on. The M7 switch is much easier to use.

2.)The 40 Kcp listed on the specs is kind of misleading, IMO, partly due to the very tight beam pattern. My Magcharger with 40 Kcp bulb puts out a heck of a lot more light, as does my Mag 2C with 3x123 and 6 cell Magnum Xenon bulb, and any of my 2x123 mini lights(SF 6P, SL Scorpion, Pel M6, Brinkman LX, ASP Triad, SF Nitrolon). I do have a piece of WriteRight on the lens, and it cleans up the beam a bit without a really noticeable loss of output.

It is a decent light for the price (I got mine for about $30); I kind of disagree about the aesthetics of the light, as I don't find it to be a very "nice looking" light. The switch is kind of high up on the barrel (close to the head), making overhand carry cumbersome. The material of the light makes it difficult to carry in the pocket (sticks to your pocket), and the smaller head does not allow use with the traditional "D" ring holsters.

Hope the info helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
It's a decent light but I don't personally care for the end to end 4C format. For similar or better performance in a much more compact light you might want to check out this UK light

UK SL-4

Or the similar PC Lite by Ikelite. These lights are small enough to easily fit in a pants pocket and though not light weight (4xC batt) are several ounces lighter than the M10.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I'm a freak Norm.

I've PM'd Alan, and gotten a response I like.

I have plenty of carry able stuff. This is to be a toy mostly.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, enjoy!

BN

Mim

Newly Enlightened
We got some at work and I carried it for a while. I prefer the Peli Supersaber. The M10 is a little heavy and I often would leave it in the truck. I like the button more than the Sabers twist on, but I like the clip on the Saber and the one extra c cell doesn't seem to make a huge difference in the beam quality or brightness (to my eyes at least). I got the PM6 and like it MUCH better. I don't find super tight spots too useful and I always have the PM6 on me at work.

This is pretty subjective. The other guys at work like the the M10. One guy got the M11 and that'a all he carries. He has a lot of lights and for some reason he settled on that one.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
On big lights (anything over 2C size really) I LIKE a switch up where my thumb would like it. It's the main thing that turns me off on my 3C 10LED Streamlight.

I figure on getting a 3 cell module to run when the batts are down a ways.

It may well end up that I will be sorry I bought it... but I'll never know until I try!

I think since most of my lights are set up to flood a bit more than they spot, a bright tight beam might be fun once in a while. Besides, if it's TOO tight there is always Writeright!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It came today. THANKS! Alan L!

I LIKE it for the shape, size and looks. I LOVE it for the switch! I like it for the fact that even though it has a noticeably crooked bulb in the light module, it makes a decent beam overall with a nice spot of about 12" at 20'!!! Fair amount of spill, though nowhere NEAR the M6!

Hmmm... had a piece of Writeright laying here. Put it on half arse. NICE! I bet Acrylite would be AWESOME! I don't think it's possible though...

Latest posts