will these 4sevens parts work together?

Z

z_freaklog

hello

my name is freaklog

and im a flashaholic

ive been lurking a long time and this is my first post

ive bought a few fenix lights and am very happy with them but the urge for more is growing strong now

what i want to do is buy a quark aa, add an 18650 battery tube (the one sold at 47s), and finally an 18650 cell with charger

i think this combo will give me a similar output to my ld20 but with triple the runtime on any level

will i kill the cell, flashlight interals, switch, anything

will these parts even fit together

am i limited to the 2200 mAh cell or can i go for the 2900 mAh

am i way off in thinking im starting to understand this stuff

any help or advice is welcome

thanks in advance

freaklog

jax

Newly Enlightened
yep it will work...
but only on regular size quarks,not on the mini models..
go for it...its called lego build away,just dont use 2 cr123's in your 18650 body,cause regular quark heads have a voltage limit of 4.2.
so yes its safe with a single 18650 battery!

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
AA quark and cr123 head will work with18650 battery and body (and their tailcaps/clickys too) but like said above the single battery model head has voltage limit of 4.2v or so.. so you can not use two cr123 batteries with it.. only single cell batteries of AA/14500/cr123/17670/18650.

2*cr123 head (and clicky) will work with 18650 body also.and you can use two cr123s if needed.

many do like these light because you can buy one full light and then buy separate batterybodies and swap the parts as you please to use a battery type you like. or just buy lights in parts. head body and tailcap all separately from their accessories segment (thats how i built one of my quarks.. 1AA head, 2cr123 body, tactical button.. and use 17670 li-ion in it.. thats slightly smaller than 18650 and is about same size of two cr123 batteries)

that is also one option.. give up a bit of runtime and use 17670 battery instead of 18650 and just buy 2cr123 light as is.. and not the 18650 body at all. (the 17670 batteries are a bit harder to find and more expensive..but one really dont need many of them really .one in use one as spare will last a while in normal use.)

mrlysle

Enlightened
All the above is good advice freaklog. When it comes to your battery question, yes you could use the 2900mah 18650's. They would give you even longer runtime. The mah rating of the battery is telling you how much "capacity" it has. The higher the mah rating, the longer runtime you get. Like has been said by others, just watch your total voltage when using multiple cells in a light. Basically, most of the rechargeable Li-ions come off the charger at 4.2 volts. So using 2 rechargeable RCR123 cells gives you 8.4 volts. Standard lithium cells, Cr123, like you would buy at walmart and such, are 3 volts. So 2 non-rechargeable cells would give you 6 volts. Using your single 18650, as example, would be a 4.2 volt cell. You just have to know what the voltage rating is for the light you are considering and not put too much voltage in it, or you could fry the circuitry.