Want really obnoxious strobe

richpalm

Banned
I walk my 3 dogs a lot at night (not a morning guy!) and if you know anything about central Pa., people can't drive here. Sorry to offend anyone but it's true here.

I'm putting this up here because I just got back from almost getting nailed by some old lady in the usual Camry until I strobed my TK-45 at her. (daytime)

I don't feel safe walking without some kind of strobe clipped to the front of my nice wackerific reflective vest so I can be seen by oncoming traffic. (Yes, during the day too, and I always walk on the correct side of the road-left.) Right now I use an Inova 24/7 but I feel it is not bright enough to be seen at a distance.

When I saw the 4sevens Lumen Bombs I thought, gee... what a nice idea for a dedicated clipon strobe. (If you look at the Shotshow video youll see what I mean.)

I would love a dedicated, obnoxiously bright, seizure-inducing, blinding Inova 24/7 type format strobe that I could clip to my vest that runs on CR123's or preferably to 18650('s). Maybe with 6 or 8 XPG's with narrow optics, two of them red and the others white. Built on a flat heatsink into some kind of housing that'll clip securely to the vest or a belt, maybe like those belt lights that coon hunters use. Some kind of clip like a headlamp would have so you could aim it down. The battery could be remoted or self-contained.

The main thing is a driver-does anyone know of a driver that will handle that many XPG's, small enough to fit that has a strobe-only function? I figure heat will be less of an issue due to strobing on and off... I do not want a flashlight function in this thing. Please, no DX or KD links!!

Let me know what you think of this idea. No one has it that I can find. I emailed 4Sevens after I saw the SHOT video but never got an answer. He probably thought I was flying with one engine out! :sick2:

Rich