[ASK] What should i buy?

TravisLight

Newly Enlightened
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

____I have no limit.

____I'm flexible, tell me what you gotJ.

3) Format:

____I want a flashlight.

____I want a headlamp.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

____Holster carry.

____Big enough to need its own travel caseJ.

____I don't know.

5) Emitter/Light source:

____I don't know.

6) Manufacturer:

____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

____I intend to use rechargeable lithium (li-ion) chemistry. Feel free to specify a size if you know which size you want (14500, RCR123/16340, 17500, 17670, 18650, etc.)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

____I want ridiculous amounts of lumens (800+ lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

____50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces)

____150+ yards (I want maximum throw possible)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

____90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

____I don't care.

____I don't know.

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):

____I don't care.

____I don't know.

____Other, please specify____________________.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

____I don't care.

____I don't know.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

____I don't care.

____I don't know.

____Other, please specify____________.

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

____Holster

____Wrist/Neck Lanyard

motherfletcher

Newly Enlightened
WELL! Your criteria didn't really narrow it down did it haha
The two criteria that will stand out most in making your decision would probably be: Output and Throw
According to those two, you would probably be looking at a flashlight with emitters like SST-90 or cree XM-L and also with a gigantic reflector, or a collminating ( <-- whats the right spelling for this?) optic of some sort.

I don't know much about these, since I'm not in the market for one, but one that comes to mind is the Olight SR-90. That is one beast of a light!

Hope this helps! :)