chinese SureFire ?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Looks like these:

Alum%2015.full%20size.gif

and this:

police1.jpg
police2.jpg

Personally, I'm even less likely to buy one of these then I am a Scorpion, TACMIII, or other brand that has atleast been field-tested!

Al

Brock

Flashaholic
It looks the closest to the TACM III then a Surefire or Streamlight, same shape, same body. Probably the same lamp, since they say it is suppose to be brighter than the others. The TACM III has a tighter beam than the other also, but isn't smooth and has rings (ugly)
smile.gif

Brock

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you notice on the second URL The following :

"BEAMSHOT LED TACTICAL LIGHT - 84 LUMEN COOL LIGHT, 10,000 HRS. UNBREAKABLE BULB, 20 HOUR CONSTANT ON BATTERY LIFE.
$69.00"

84 lumen led ? Naaaaa! must be BS, imagine a led brighter than a 6p ? Ha...!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
84 lumen led ? Naaaaa! must be BS

Maybe a special pre-release Promethius LED (the bigger brother of the Luxeon Star) but I highly doubt it, they are a few years off being commercially avaliable at the moment.

Perhaps it`s a green light? How many lumens do 10000mcd green leds give out? Green light is brightest to the human eye so cram enough of them in your flashlight and push them as hard as you can without burning them out- then who knows? Remember they do say 10 000 hours not the usual 100 000 so there`s got to be some major overdriving going on there....

shocked.gif
tongue.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if it´s that kind of led, I would have to take my words back, but as you say I doubt the Promethius LED be pre released to an unknown light manufacturer, would expect it to some of the big led flashlights manufacturers to give them a try first.

But who knows, hopefully well have it in a few years

AlexGT

D

**DONOTDELETE**

well all i know is if its made in china i don't want it even if it was the best light ever made china can pound salt

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ok i am missing paranoid9999 were does he stand on this subject? paranoid9999..Where are you?....

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
but as you say I doubt the Promethius LED be pre released to an unknown light manufacturer

I`m not 100% sure but I also don`t think Promethius-die LEDs are near being at a stage where they could be sold in any reasonable quantity. A few samples are kicking round though, I`m pretty sure I saw one on the LED Museum`s 2000-and-on page, but the technology will inevitably improve a great deal by the time we get our hands on them in flashlights and domestic fixtures/bulbs. Remember- my Luxeon sample (based on Barracuda die technology) is only 8 lumens, the ones that will be avaliable soon are 18 lumens and they are even brighter in the labs too!
LED technology is moving fast...

shocked.gif
tongue.gif