Hey guys.

Z

z_Deek1983

Not quite the flashlight addict that some of you guys appear to be, but I'm by no means new to the hobby.

Started out as a CCW guy when I moved to GA a few years ago, probably quite a few others here as well I would imagine.

Back when I was new to carrying and focused on being tactical (God what an embarrassing time in my life), I picked up an EDC light recommended to me by a member of another forum. It was a Coleman Max Bright, rated at 110 lumens with a 2 hour battery life. Before that my only flashlight exposure was the standard 4 cell Mag and little key chain type flashlights.

Needless to say I was blown away with what this finger sized flashlight was putting out. Since then I've picked up 6 more flashlights. Some Dorcy, some more colemans, some more mags, and a surefire.

Currently waiting on receiving a Lemansind UltraFire CREE XML T6 with rechargeable battery I picked up for a little over $30. Claims an output of 1000 lumens, but for the price if it only puts out half and has a decent reflector Ill be a happy camper.

About me:

I'm a DIY kind of guy, do my own tune ups, make my own beer, sharpen my own knives, etc...

I don't rely on other people to take care of my problems for me, as stated earlier, I carry a gun wherever I am legally allowed. I keep a fire extinguisher and first aid kit close by. I have the number for poison control programmed in to my cell phone.

I work at Pep Boys as a service writer, which means I spend most of my time trying to explain that $400 for a catalytic converter (with labor) is actually cheap in a relative sense, and what makes a tire bald.

That's about it I guess.

See you guys around!