Good Flood Lamp with long run times for work?

k594

Newly Enlightened
I work in a wet muddy environment a lot of times at night and im looking for a good reliable water resistant headlamp that has a good flood option or is primarily flood

im leaning towards the Princeton tec apex Pro or the petzl MYO rxp but im undecided..

looking for your guys opinions on these lights and maybe if you have any suggestions for a different light as well

thanks !! :wave:

ryguy24000

Enlightened
check out the new Spark headlamps. I have a st5 125 ow and like the size weight and toughness. I use it at work.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ... yes, you should look through the Flood Beam Headlamp List thread mentioned above...however, regarding the two options you've mentioned: Both are battery pack behind models, both are getting kind of old (technology wise), both have a blue cast to the beam. If it were me, and it was between those two, I'd choose he Petzl MYO because the flood beam pattern looks smoother. However, I would choose neither for myself because of the beam tint, and the fact that you can find headlamps with much wider flood beams than those two, that are much, much smaller.

You need to decide whether you want flood only (in which case you can get a small, light lamp) or you want a dual beam. Do you use the light so long without break you need the battery pack. Also you need to determine of beam tint matters to you. If it does (and it does to most enthusiasts) then look for a light with neutral tint. Good luck, let us know what you get.

BTW, Spark headlamps are NOT floody. It didn't even make it into the Flood Beam Headlamp List. So if you want flood, Spark isn't on your short list. Spark is more of a bike-riding or jogging headlamp with some throw.

Last edited: