How do you carry spare batteries?

Drjones

Enlightened
My SF L4 is my new EDC, and I'm thinking it might be wise to carry some spare batts for it on occasion, if not always.

How and where do you carry spare batteries?

I'm thinking about saran-wrapping a pair of 123's together. Keeps 'em together and dry. What you think?

How do you carry spares on your person?

(YES, I carry a CMG Ultra-G as well for a longer-running light, but would perhaps like spares for the L4 anyway...)

Spango

Newly Enlightened
I am carrying the Arc LSL-S with the Pelican M6 (not all the time though, the PM6 is a bit too big for EDC). For extra batteries, I am currently using the SC1 (stores up to 6 batteries). Durable and waterproof, but a bit bulky.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire is coming out with a new 4-Pak carrier for 123's. There was a post earlier by someone here and it was reviewed. Someone will post that link I bet........... inanycase sells a cool 6-pak plastic carrier.

A-6

RevDavid

Enlightened
I had a friend who carried his spares loose in his pocket with his loose change. I think it is fair to say he was the original inventor of "hot pockets." No permanent damage was done, except to the batteries. He quit carrying them that way.

David <><

Spango

Newly Enlightened
One concern I have for carrying batteries in water/air tight carriers: Would the batteries have an unhealthy build up of combustible gases which may surprise me when I attempt to open the carrier?

Drjones

Enlightened
Does anyone see anything wrong with me saran-wrapping a pair of batteries? Seems the least bulky and least expensive way of doing it...

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait for the SC3 spares carrier. Holds 4 CR123's and a spare E series lamp. And batteries wont give out much gas when theyre just being stored.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Drjones said:
Does anyone see anything wrong with me saran-wrapping a pair of batteries?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not I sir! But that is how I carry cheese in my lunch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
Unfortunately I missed out on the lexan carriers. Those two batt holders would've been perfect for me. So I just carry a spare flashlight instead.

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Drjones said:
Does anyone see anything wrong with me saran-wrapping a pair of batteries? Seems the least bulky and least expensive way of doing it...

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends on what else is in that pocket... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
if the saran wrap is cut or the batteries get loose in some other way, you don't want them shorting on you, as my friend found out.

David <><

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put some tape over both ends of the spare batts and put them into a little ziploc baggie... waterproof and 'short' proof... so far...

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:
I just put some tape over both ends of the spare batts and put them into a little ziploc baggie... waterproof and 'short' proof... so far...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea... just make sure you use tape that won't leave adhesive behind. You don't want to get that stuck inside your light.

David <><

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
RevDavid said:
[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea... just make sure you use tape that won't leave adhesive behind. You don't want to get that stuck inside your light.

David <><

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Rev! I usually use the 'micropore' tape (i think thats what they're called) that are used for medical purposes, hold a bandage in place, etc.. can't remember what they're called exactly.. but its real soft and easy to remove with a little fingernail scraping, so far hasn't left any sticky residue behind... yet. Think you should be able to get them from pharmacies easily...

Turt

Enlightened
I use the orange match stick containers sold at Wall Mart for under 90 cents... they hold 2 perfectly well and if you stuff a lil tissue paper at the bottom there is no rattle at all.

Tomas

Banned
Same thing I use, Turt. There was a thread about those Coghlan's model 8746 carriers a while back. They have a waterproof gasket and I use a one inch diameter piece of foam packing scrap at each end to keep the cells from rattling about inside.

T_sig6.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Blade-Tech sell a great little 123A batt carrier which you can carry on your belt...I have the 3-cell version and really like it.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kev1-1 said:
Blade-Tech sell a great little 123A batt carrier which you can carry on your belt...I have the 3-cell version and really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have the 3-cell and 2-cell versions of these. They're great! I have one strapped to my backpack, and the others I occassionally wear.
lig_battpak_sm.jpg

Latest posts