Best (LED) Thrower for under $65

Z

z_thedukeoftank

Hello CPFrs

I'm new to the forum here and I look forward to someday being able to understand half the stuff you guys are talking about. :eek:oo:

Here is a little about me and then on to my question. I work for one of the major cable companies in the USA and my job demands light and a good amount of it. My current work EDC is a 4sevens AA2 tactical (which hates Rayovac batteries for some reason) and so far, other than it devouring Rayovacs on a almost daily basis (my jobs default battery), I have had nothing but success with the light. I generally EDC either a Streamlight Stylus Pro/Microstream or a Quark Mini AA while I am off work. (all great lights IMO) along with a couple of knives (utility/tactical combo) Multitool.

Now, on to addressing the subject of this post. While I love my 4sevens Quarks, I really miss throw ... I know, my job realistically requires more of a floody type of light and in my EDC tasks, that type of light would preform better for my applications, but, I really long for a throwy type of light to have,cherish and illuminate objects further than 50ft. I find myself oddly drawn more and more to my Streamlights for their more throwy nature even though my Quarks out-lumen them by quite a bit.

Now, here is hopefully where you fine flash-a-holics come in to save the day. As the subject of the post reflects, I am looking for a LED powered throw light. Preferably in a EDC-able form factor (1xAA, 2xAA, 1x123, 2x123, etc) that comes in under my $65 price cap (for now).

I appreciate all your suggestions in my $65 throwy quest that I have embarked upon and hope to learn more from you good folks in the times to come.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Wes - TheDukeofTank

Also, as a side note, I plan on purchasing an Olight M3X for my Grandfather for his 80th birthday this June to replace his 6-D cell Maglite. I think that he actually started me on the path of always having a good light with you years ago and I hope the M3X shatters his expectations and shows him some of the new technologies that have come into the flashlight world as of late.

(Don't let the 80 fool you, he doesn't act or look a day older than 65 and can still out shoot me in clays and on the target range)