Looking for a flashlight I can look through into holes

Z

z_WH420LSE

Hello, I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am looking for a flashlight but I am not sure what it is called. I was on a job and the water department had to come to turn off the water at the street. There was something down the pipe that was preventing the wrench from reaching the valve. The guy from the water dept. had a flashlight he shined in the hole and could look through. It was a flashlight/magnifying glass type of device. I cannot seem to find one because I am not sure what it is called. It was an emergency job I was working on so I was unable to talk with the guy to see what exactly he had and check it out. I would live to get one but I have had no luck searching and I hope someone can help me.

motherfletcher

Newly Enlightened
It was probably a flashlight with some sort of aspeheric lens or collminator head. Surefire has many lights with a TIR lens. Hope that helps? :shrug:

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like some kind of fiber optic scope, they go by a number of names, pipe scopes, boroscopes, etc. The basic idea is it's a fiber optic line with a light on it that you can feed through an opening and see what's down yonder. They come in all sorts of sizes, but you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a smaller one.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

vali

Enlightened
Flashlight with a magnifying glass? probably an aspheric. Search the forums for "DEFT" and you will see one of them.