Fenix EO5 and ITP A3 EOS winter abuse thread...

scout24

Flashaholic
Here we have a somewhat carbon copy of the EO1 abuse thread from a few weeks ago. :) Both lights NIB, taken out to Oooh and Aaah over a bit, and to get a feel for them, and then right into testing.The intention was to take some beamshots of the EO5 and the ITP, and take them out for a similar test to the EO1, since this morning was the first snow we've had since the last tests. On to the pics!:)

EO5, 2 feet from wall, camera 4 feet from wall. Mid morning, so take that into account... I closed blinds to try foor some darkness.

P1010562.jpg

ITP, same stats as above.

P1010560.jpg

These have very different beams, the Fenix has a round ball of light, same intensity from edge to edge, not quite as wide a flood as I had anticipated, but certainly decent. ITP was more traditional hotspot and bright corona, wider than the Fenix and WAY brighter, but far less runtime.

Starting at the same time, both with new Duracells, the ITP dropped like a rock after 40 minutes, and shut off at 1hr. 15min. Output was weak at that point, far lower than my EO1, but still usable. EO5 ran a solid 2 hours before I noticed a drop, and it faded steadily until shutoff a few minutes shy of 4hrs, again far lower than my EO1 but still usable. Letting both lights rest for a bit allowed them both to turn back on, but fade rapidly and stop working.

On to the snowshovel tests! Tied to my shovel and used to clear my walkway and around my mailbox, about 30min. of shoveling... both worked fine when done. Wet, snowy, but fine.

P1010568.jpg

P1010569.jpg

On to the garage floor test! 12-15 feet across, same as the EO1 test with my son, but he was not here today... tossing across both bays, some snow and slush.

P1010571.jpg

Stopped after 25 tosses, to test function, and both lights were dead... Went upstairs for new batteries, still dead. Took known good Energizer Lithium from my EO1, both lights still dead... batteries from both lights fire up my Mako, Liteflux, and EO1, so not a battery issue... I wish there was more to post, and I'm certainly not bashing either light, and your mileage may certainly vary, and I hope it does...I liked both lights, small form factor of both, ano was nicely done on both, smooth operation, the ITP is quite the little pocket rocket. EO5 had better tint, this was the R2 edition, BTW... That's all, folks... Your comments or experiences welcome! :)

P1010573.jpg

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
I have the itp a3. Is it worth it to buy the fenix eo5 because of the diffent tint and beams?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
for $20, why not?

I have both, itp on my sister's keys, and E05 on mine, i prefer the simple 1 mode, smoother beam, and tint.

Thanks for the trials scout24, I remember there was more to this thread, guess the crash wiped out all the posts.
if you want a wider beam for the E05, the R5 edition is wider and brighter, with a cooler tint. I gifted that one to my dad.
then picked up a E05 R2 for me.

Acid87

Enlightened
This thread was and still is great. I lost a load of my posts. Had around 600 posts now I have less than 100.

On the plus side CPF survived. Any more torture tests to come?

Latest posts