Gift for a Friend

Z

z_Smitty1283

My friend (a farmer) is using a cheap walmart light for around the shop and everyday stuff...it uses 3aaa batteries in a pack. He didn't know the brand. He plows my driveway in the winter and I wanted to get him a quality light for his efforts.

I'm buying him a nicer light than I even have!!!! (this is the trouble with being a teacher....can't afford everything)

He wants something that fits in the hand/or mouth easily. He said that my itp A3 is too small. I love this light btw...got it as a gift from my Dad!

I'm down to two lights....i'm leaning toward the cheapter itp SA1 light.

iTP SA1 Eluma LED Flashlight with Cree R5 LED - 145 lumens on 1xAA Battery 39.99

or should I buy a more expensive Quark Regular 1AA.....95 lumens for 57.00

Thanks for your input!

J888www

Newly Enlightened
I am also seeking an AA EDC with interest tending towards the ITP SA1, thats why the search-engine directed me to this post. I always have the impression that ITP flashlights offer very good value for our hard-earned cash in comparison to other brands. Cheaper in price does not necessarily mean cheap quality, some Quarks are known to have short life-span issues.

J888www

Newly Enlightened
Just to let you know, I have just pulled the trigger on the ITP SA1 Eluma from Shiningbeam.com, after 4 Months of searching for an AA flashlight.
It was your "narrowing it down to two choices" and in stock at Shiningbeam that forced my choice of purchase.

I have resisted for long enough. Life is far too short for prolonged torture.

I hope you too will soon come to the conclusion of your dilemma.

J888www

Newly Enlightened
I also checked that Amazon ITP C7t but decided the SA1 Eluma to be more practical/suitable with a broader beam for my needs.
If I had decided on the ITP C7, it would have been from Shiningbeam again with the 190 Lumens model.

Friendship cannot be purchased/taken, it is offered and received, also you cannot put a price on Friendship.

NB: there's also the R90 Tenergy Premium LED Flashlight with Cree 7090 XE-E 190 Lumens at $24.99. which me think may be a better purchase than the T70 Tenergy.

Last edited:

Latest posts