H501w flickering

tygger

Enlightened
My recently purchased H501w flickers slightly on moon mode (low 2). Not too bad but enough to notice. Any one else experience this? Tried a few (new) L91's with same effect.

MK9

Newly Enlightened
I had that problem with mine when I first got it. ZL gave me a RA# and replaced it.
It took about 6 weeks but it did get replaced.

dracodoc

Newly Enlightened
I had this problem with H501 before. Try cleaning the battery contacts at each end. This could solve the problem temporally for me.

You can request a replacement if the problem persists. DON'T send the light to their Shanghai office directly, but send it to their Texas office even it may take longer time. My light was lost by USPS first class international mail, and there is no insurance you can buy for first class international.

My recently purchased H501w flickers slightly on moon mode (low 2). Not too bad but enough to notice. Any one else experience this? Tried a few (new) L91's with same effect.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, flickering on the moonmode is a known issue with the H501. I think all 3 of mine do it to one degree or another. PWM.

dracodoc

Newly Enlightened
Mine was not like a PWM flickering, it was more like a problem with intermittent contacts...