WE Superstorm II or add xm-l t6 to r2 storm?

D

Dan Stubbs

I'm thinking about getting the SS II, but I think I need some input from the experts. Which would be brighter?

The Wolf Eyes Super Storm utilizes 7 Cree R5 LEDs to produce around 1950 Lumens.

The Storm I have uses 3 R2 LEDs at about 830 Lumens.

The Cree XM-L T6 Leds are supposed to get 1000 Lumens at 3v, but from what I've read it's really about 600 Lumens. Could I just add the new Cree LEDs to my existing light and get 1800 Lumens?

Are there any other distributors of WE besides PTS? Wolf-eyes website says they make a SS with the XM-L, but it's not listed on PTS!

Depending on what I decide, I may sell my storm. Pricing question and description deleted. Not appropriate for this forum.

Any recommendations on a comparable light? I want the lumens in the 1500-2000 range with medium throw and spill. Probably the maximum throw I would need is 130 meters.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT!

xamoel

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested too, on the WE website they claim "up to 2100 lumen" from the XML-T6.

How realistic is that?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know much about Wolf eyes lights, But I do know a little about the XML emitters.
It's not 3 volts that it's bright, it's 3 amps and depending on heatsync reflector and lens on the output but 600 to 1000 emitter lumens sounds right. The otf would be 500-800 depending on the build quality o the light it's in.
There are modders that could Swap the emitters and drivers in your existing light in CPF.
I heard PTSflashlights was getting out of wolfeyes sales though I don't know why

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your exsisting light running xpe,xre or xpg will only be running the LED's at around
1-1.5 amps. So you'll need to change the drivers too ;)

xamoel

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone bought the new "Super Storm II" with the XML-T6? Do they claim 2100 LED lumen, or ANSI?

pichl

Newly Enlightened
HI,

i bought the SSII with the Xm-L.

On their website they wrote 1590 Ansi Lumen for the XML.

Pichl