• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: SureFire "E3" LED LEGO combo: 2xAA & 3xCR123 - Price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Edit: Sold on CPF/MP after the crash. Closed.

For sale is a rather unusual combo, one possible iteration of the elusive 2xAA SureFire that also runs very well with 3xCR123. The price is $119 - $109 (PayPal) shipped CONUS. I can also ship internationally, but with the actual shipping fee added to the above price.

SureFire KL-1 head, Vin ~2.5V - ~9V (the boost-buck constant-current driver from SureFire)
  • Modded previously with a very nicely tinted LuxIII.
  • I estimate that the output is ~50 lumens from 2xAA and ~60 lumens from 3xCR123. (Output could be increased considerably with a newer-generation emitter.)
  • Drive current is either the stock ( rather modest) 375 mA but there is a chance that it has been modded (via the resistor technique) to 500 mA. It would be a excellent candidate for further modding with an up-to-date SSC P4 (w/ the stock NX05 optic) or an XP-G (utilizing a McR20 reflector, not included).
  • The head is in reasonably good condition except for the disassembly marks visible in the pics. It has a GITD epoxy ring of around its circumference.
VitalGear? (early version?) 3xCR123 E-series body
  • This body does not utilize a tailcap, onoff is via rotating the head with respect to the body (i.e. tightening/loosening). This feature does make for a reasonably-short 2xAA light (5.75 total length) with exceedingly reliable operation.
  • Works very well with both 2xAA and 3xCR123. 2x AW protected 17500's also fit, but are rather tight with respect to length.
  • The knurling on this body is excellent and the overall condition is exceptional - I can detect only one tiny flaw in the anodizing at the tail.
KL1test008-1.jpg

saleitems002.jpg
saleitems004.jpg

I've went back and forth on selling this for a while now, as it's one of my most flexible lights, nearly perfect as a car glovebox light. I am not interested in splitting this combo up at this time, as these two components work exceedingly well together. I did not mod this light, but rec'd it some time ago in a combo package. What I know about the light is what I have read in various CPF threads, and I would be happy to supply a number of links in a subsequent post if anybody is interested.

I am also including a velcro-type NiteIze nylon web headband that works very well with this light, turning it into a somewhat-serviceable headlight.

The purchaser of this light also has the option of purchasing 4 used AccuPower LSD C-sized NiMH cells for an additional $20 (CONUS only). Send a PM for more details.

Other pics beamshots:

KL1test011.jpg
KL1test004.jpg

KL1test022.jpg
KL1test007.jpg

saleitems009.jpg

KL1004.jpg

KL1017.jpg

----------

The price include CONUS shipping (US first class mail). Sometimes it takes me a couple of days to drop things off at the Post Office, but I will always send you a PM immediately after the package is sent to keep you informed. Please send me a PM or post in this thread once you have received your item. I am happy to ship this internationally, but at the buyers' cost. My past experience is that shipping small items internationally via USPS is relatively inexpensive. However, I cannot guarantee successful international delivery.

I do PM, but unconditional posts of Ill take it in this thread take precedence over PMs unless the PM communication is subsequently confirmed by posting in this thread (either by me or by you). If you want to purchase an item, it is best to post in this thread rather than sending a PM - that makes things more difficult for everybody, especially in the situation of conditional 'take-its' via PM.

PayPal is just fine, but within a day or two, please. Other payment methods may also be acceptable. All prices are Paypal/Standard and include the PP fees, send me a PM if you would prefer another payment method.

Tracking and insurance would be a small additional fee - let me know if you would want this prior to making a payment, or I will assume it is not required.

As always, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed upon receipt of the light. If you are dissatisfied with this for any reason, I will be happy to refund the entire purchase price.

------------------------

With regards to trades, I am currently only looking for two AW protected 18500's (in new to excellent condition) and a heavily-used SF C2 (body only).

Thank you,
Kestrel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.