Issues with CR123 Energizer Lithium Photo Batteries in Olight M20

Z

z_R Merrell

I just recently bought an Olight M20. I put a brand new set of the Energizer Cr123 Lithium Photo batteries in it to test it out. When I cycled through the 4 different light settings, I noticed there was no change in the light intensity when I cycled from the 90 lm mode to the 250 lm mode. I ended up returning it as defective and ordered another one. When that one arrived, it did the same thing. So, instead I put a new set of Duracell Ultra CR123 Lithium batteries in it and it works fine. There is a distinct difference in light intensity between the 90 lm setting and the 250 lm setting (as it should be).

Can someone explain why the Energizer Photo Lithiums won't power the 250 lm setting? Is this an issue with other various lights or just Olight?

Cheers,

Robert

Mylt1

Newly Enlightened
could one of the energizer's have been bad? maybe old stock or could have just been defective from the start. i have run them in my P3D several times(when i ran out of my bulk batteries) and have never had an issue. did you test then with a volt meter?

srfreddy

Enlightened
I would toss them. They could be dead, or unbalanced. The second is much worse, as it can lead to a BOOM.