How do you store your flashlight parts?

Eddie-M

Newly Enlightened
Well, I got bit by the lightning bug almost a year ago, and now I have a bunch of boxes with maglite parts, bulbs, LEDs, drivers, reflectors and much much more :)

I'm wondering who has the best storage solution for all these parts out there. If anyone can post pictures or recomend methods/storage units let me know :thumbsup:, I have a mess living under my bed.

Eddie

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eddie,
I use multiple types of containers for the vast quantity of "Parts".
I would get yourself a Plano tackle box, preferably with removeable trays with locking lids/dividers. Get one that fits where you want to store it. Under the bed you might want two smaller ones instead of a larger taller one. They also have just holders for the trays for stationary/benchtop placement. I've found one that has removable dividers works best. You can get these style containers/tackle boxes at a dollar store ~$5, or spend $100's on a professional quality or wooden machinests chest, the choice is your preference.
Below are two of my parts boxes.

I got this one at the dollar store, $5 for the bin, and 2,788 free nails!:thumbsup:

PartsBin2.jpg

CheapPartsBin.jpg

And here is one I got from Micro Fastners, $3.50
SplitRingBin.jpg

Well, I got bit by the lightning bug almost a year ago, and now I have a bunch of boxes with maglite parts, bulbs, LEDs, drivers, reflectors and much much more :)

I'm wondering who has the best storage solution for all these parts out there. If anyone can post pictures or recomend methods/storage units let me know :thumbsup:, I have a mess living under my bed.

Eddie

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife got me a bunch of floss boxes from the craft store when they were on sale. I labeled the end of each box with the contents, so I can tell what is in them when they are stacked on the shelf under my work bench. The boxes are similar to these, and can be bought in a pack of two, or three.

I also got a bunch of flip top lid boxes for storing SMD components that I buy in bulk. I labeled each compartment with the part number, and took them out of the reel for easy access.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
At Wal-mart in the craft section you can buy the tic-tac type boxes. I use those to store boards, LEDs, and small things. I use a sharpie and write the part number on the box.

Eddie-M

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I had lost my reply durring the great fall. I did end up going to wallmart and buying this at the hunting/fishing section. Thanks for the replys (New and lost ones!)

DSC_1790.jpg

DSC_1791.jpg

DSC_1792.jpg

DSC_1793.jpg

DSC_1794.jpg

DSC_1795.jpg

DSC_1796.jpg