Quality control issues with LUMAPOWER MVP?

HEDP

Enlightened

I purchased a Lumapower MVP recently and am having issues with batteries.

I purchased some Ultrafire 18650s for it and they do not fit, the batteries are too tight. To make sure the batteries werent the problem I put them in my Lumapower MRV SK v1.1 and they fit fine.

I then took my Lumapower MRV SK v1.1s AW batteries and they fit fine in the Lumapower MVP.

So why do the Ultrafire and AW batteries work fine in the MRV SK, but only the AW batteries work in the MVP?

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Some flashlights have narrower tubes than others. It's often designed to minimize cell rattle but sometimes certain cells are two wide to fit. Could be two things. As ^Gurthang noted, the wrapper might just be thicker. Also protected cells have a piece of insulating tape and a flat conductive strip than runs from the protection circuit on the negative end to the positive pole of the battery. This adds additional thickness depending upon the manufacturer. AW is tops IMHO (and others) when it comes to minimizing the extra length and thickness that the protection circuit requires.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Lumapower MVP. All of my 18650 batteries of various brands fit nicely, including the Ultrafire. I'm currently using AW 2900 Ah batteries. It's a great light. Be sure to register it with Lumapower. My switch was bad and they sent me a new one when I provided the serial number of the light. :)