Simplicity

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Over the last few weeks, as I go over my assortment of LED lights from a dozen different manufacturers (albeit, some are lego) - I keep coming back to one light that tends to find more burn time, than the others.

As much as I appreciate and admire the more complicated and multi-level interfaces such as my HDS clickies, I find myself moving away from multi-mode, multi-click, multi-whatevers - and reaching for the tried and true simplicity and reliability of...

...my Surefire C2 stuffed with an M61 and powered by a 17670. No bells. No whistles. Nothing but light when I need it, and only a momentary push or click away.

Anyone else finding their tastes are moving back to old-school simplicity? As much as I love the new technologies and advancements in multi lights (and will indeed continue to buy them), I always appreciate this C2 just a little bit more than any of the other lights I own. I wish I had a good reason why - like how this light saved my life and dozens of others in some natural disaster, or how this light found the little child lost in the woods at night - but that is not the case. It is simply a great light. And it works. Always. Without fail. Without question. Without clicking up a storm. I know what I am expecting (and getting) every time I push the button...