Sunwayman V10R Ti - Clip Options???

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

First of all, I apologize if this has been discussed before. I tried to do a search but Bing doesn't seem to be working on my iPhone. Mods please help merge this to any existing thread. Ok so here goes...

I never really bothered to look at Sunwayman, but the recent V10R Ti got me real interested. Finally I took a plunge and bought one from my local dealer and I am amazed by the quality of construction. The rotary is the smoothest I have felt and the clicky tension felt great too! The only problem I've had with it is the ugly and cheap looking clip that was provided with the light. Sort of stole away the bling factor.

Is there anyway I could get a third party Ti clip for it? I would like something that looks like those on the Nitecore IFE1 and IFE2 which I also purchased for my Jetbeam RRT-0. What other carry options did you guys use for this light?

Thanks and regards,

Andy

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about a Ti clip for these but here is what I did.
After carrying another SWM light I noticed some of the black paint was scratched off of the clip so I helped it along and this is the result.

and now on my Ti V10R.

I think SWM should offer bare/polished clips.

gunga

Flashaholic
One note, the clip is the right length for the AA model but it rests on the head of the ti. Be careful when changing batteries.

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about a Ti clip for these but here is what I did.
After carrying another SWM light I noticed some of the black paint was scratched off of the clip so I helped it along and this is the result.

awesome! I was just thinking about this earlier as I noticed paint coming off my clip as well. what did you do to help it along? paint thinner?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool idea Beamhead! I thought of doing that but was worried the clip would rust after awhile. How did you remove the paint completely?

Thanks gunga! I will see if I can get hold of an EX10 clip from my local dealer to try it out. Still would like to explore various options, especially the ones that screw onto the light.

Meanwhile I am sending mine back to Sunwayman to fix some inductor whine issue. It's bugging me since it is quite loud.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to info in this thread, I ordered the kuku D10/EX10 Ti Clip.

This is what comes with the kit.
73566676.jpg

The holes on the clip barely match the holes on the V10R, and threading the screws into the stock securing plate seemed difficult to me.
65165522.jpg

First, a ring to fit inside the tail was machined, and M2 threads were tapped.
36111303.jpg

I do not have a rotary table nor even a drill press now, so had to eyeball where to drill with a Dremel. Got it about right on the second try.

After trimming the excess part and securing the clip.
84985861.jpg

Like gunga warned, the Ti screws included with the clip are too short too, so I got some 6mm length satainless steel screws and filed them down to about 5mm.

Now this is what the light should look like out of the box :D
29120559.jpg

EDIT: Read on through the thread and you will find that the plate included in kuku's clip does fit. Just needs some coaxing.

Last edited:

ronac

Enlightened
Wow that's awesome. I was going to buy that clip but I thought where the clip rested on the body would get in the way of the control ring. Looks like I'll be picking up one of those Kuku clips.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to buy that clip but I thought where the clip rested on the body would get in the way of the control ring.
Yes, I thought I'd need to trim down the clip too, but the length was perfect.
68847075.jpg

Nice! I just need to get some longer screws, and maybe a machined aluminum back piece.
:D
I have some extra screws. Trying to come up with an easier way to make more of the plates too.
BTW, did you get the parts?

Nice work nekomane but I refuse to "beamhead" mine up. :p
No worries, this mod is completely reversible :)

Last edited:

bobjane

Enlightened
I have some extra screws. Trying to come up with an easier way to make more of the plates too.
BTW, did you get the parts?

If you decide to offer the plates and screws for sale, please shoot me a PM.

The lack of a good clip is the only thing stopping me from buying this light.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the clip but don't have the plate nor tools to cut one out. Anyway someone could do a sale of the item?

bobjane

Enlightened
The backing plate that came with the Kuku clip worked fine for me. As for screws, you'll need two m2x5mm screws. I just bought M2x6mm screws and filed them down. Check out the link for titanium screws. I'll post pictures of my setup soon.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/titanium-screw-15mm-hexagon-button-head-2x6mm-tm-p-486.html

Which Kuku clip did you use?

I was under the impression that his D10, EX10 and EX10 Fatty clips are all different. Perhaps you and nekomane used different clips.

ronac

Enlightened
I ordered the same one as Nekomane. It's the D10/EX10 Clip, it looks identical to his in the picture except the screws. My screws are a little lower profile so its a little less obtrusive.

bobjane

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure the 3 clips all look the same but have slightly different curvature where they attach and perhaps small differences in hole spacing. Differences would seem necessary as the 3 lights have different diameters.

It just seems strange that it fits your light but not nekomane's. Perhaps one of you have an EX10 clip and the other has a D10 clip?

I'll ask Kuku about the differences (if any) also.

Last edited: