Questions about the Thrunite Neutron series

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read some reviews and comments about the Neutrons that raise more questions than I would like.:duh2:

Some people have commented about PWM on the lower modes of the Neutron 2C, while others said they didn't see any on their 1C. Could neutron owners comment on this and specify which model you have? would be nice to know for sure which models are affected or might be...

- For those who don't know what PWM is, try this (works better in the dark, obvisously): turn your light on at maximum and wave your hand rapidly in front of it. You should see a normal smooth transition of your hand in the beam (if not, test with another flashlight just to make sure). Now turn your light to a low mode and wave your hand in front of it again. If you see the exact same smooth transition, then there is no sign of PWM, but if you hand rather looks like it just cloned a bunch of other hands that follow it around ,THAT's PWM.

I can't stand PWM and will not spend another penny on a light that suffers from it. :thumbsdow

I would also like to see some pictures of the beam profile. Most people, including Thrunite, call this a flood light. I would rather have it called on the floody side since, to me, a flood light should not have a hot spot. Anyways, that part is for another debate, since I do not really care about this, but Id like to see how big is the hotspot? Even video reviews omit to show a decent beam profile when the very first function of a flashlight is... light... (are we forgetting what we use them for with all these new interfaces popping up??)

Thrid, I see a mention about last mode memory, but no one has explained it in more details so far. Does it keep the last mode used in memory even if the light is turned off for a while or even the batteries changed - like the Quark RGB- or just when switching from general to turbo and back - like the Quark regulars ???:confused:

Thanks for your input :thumbsup: