Surefire catalog arrived today

gadgetnut

Enlightened
This place is gonna cause me alot of problems. I visit here for a while, get all currious about high quality flashlights and visit a few manufacture's web sites. Next thing I know, I'm drooling over a nice, glossy 2003 Surefire catalog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Hmmm..A2 Aviator or E2e?????

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
I know what you mean. My wishlist has grown larger with all the new lights. I don't need anymore knives anyway. Although, I could use one more... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gadgetnut

Enlightened
That's the problem. You can always use "one more". Since I've been browsing this forum (under two months), I've already bought a StreamLight TT 2L (love it), a Luminox Marine watch (love it), and a dozen 123's. All great purchases, but that's like $245 in under two months! Now I'm itchin' for a $urefire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
gadgetnut said:
Next thing I know, I'm drooling over a nice, glossy 2003 Surefire catalog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Hmmm..A2 Aviator or E2e?????

[/ QUOTE ]

"Buy Both" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gadgetnut

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
"Buy Both" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]LOL...I'd love to! Let's see, that'd be about $240 plus shipping.
[sarcasm] I'm sure my wife would have no problem with that. [sarcasm]

rumar

Newly Enlightened
Say after me. "This is a tool. Cost is not the most important consideration, usefulness is." Works for me...

SUREFARC

Enlightened
The A2 is my favorite and I got 2. So far I have no plan for the E2e. The A2 is a real versatile light, plus its white beam color is really nice.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
SUREFARC said:
The A2 is my favorite and I got 2. So far I have no plan for the E2e. The A2 is a real versatile light, plus its white beam color is really nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you're enjoying your A2, however don't sell the E2E short. It is more veratile than the A2 as it relates to posible configurations. Your configurations of the A2 are very limited. You get an incandescent with one level of power and an LED with one level of power.

The E2E allows the following:

-MN02 lamp.
-MN03 lamp.
-MN01 lamp with dummy cell.
-KL1 bezel.
-KL4 bezel.
-E2E+ mod.
-E2C adapter.
-cell extender.
-KLx and/or SRTH for longer throw.

I'm sure I forgot a few.

gadgetnut

Enlightened
Those are very good points, Nascar. I really like the A2, but I already have a SL TT 2L which is basically the same set-up, although maybe not quite the same overall quality. The E2e can be configured many different way, as you've pointed out, plus I just like the way the thing looks in it's stock form. IMHO, it's the best looking light on the market.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
See the thing is, that Surefire catalog is so slick and the photos are SO good, it's hook, line, bait, and sinker. I got mine two weeks ago. A catalog like that costs a lot to produce. My wife has hid it~~TWICE!

Will

gadgetnut

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kentucky Rifle said:
See the thing is, that Surefire catalog is so slick and the photos are SO good, it's hook, line, bait, and sinker. I got mine two weeks ago. A catalog like that costs a lot to produce. My wife has hid it~~TWICE!

Will

[/ QUOTE ]I've always been a sucker for catalogs. My wife hates to see the Cabelas catalog arrive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif When you have time to sit around and look at the stuff, you suddenly NEED one.