SUREFIRE A2L Aviator Tint Colour ?

faco

Enlightened
Hello, I have been on the fence on this one because of not knowing the colour of the tint. I am a Neutral convert and prefer all my lights to have a Neutral Tint.

BUT I love everything about the A2L Aviator, Size, UI, Low Flood and High Throw ? Surefire Quality, Looks, Bezel down Clip etc etc, except the fact that the Tint will be a lottery and I hate gambling with Tints. I heard from one reviewer that the Tint is towards the Blue side :sick2: I know tints are personal and if you don't white wall hunt most tints are ok but from all you owners of this light.....................

I would like to hear your opinions on the Tint for the Main Beam and the Secondary Beam (Low Beam) hope its not too Blue and is closer to White. If only it had an XP-G Neutral Tint in it :naughty:

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

danpass

Newly Enlightened
I thought there was a thread comparing this exact thing (came across this thread on an 'aviator' search)

faco

Enlightened
Just before CPF went down I tried searching for threads and found your review Dime and remember you mentioned it was to the blue side, great review, thanks. While CPF was down I decided to buy one and find out for myself :devil:

Although these days I prefer Neutral Tints I am so glad I bought the A2 LED White Aviator, the high beam is white and seems to be in the warm side "just", very happy with the tint and high output.

The small led's have a perfect flood of just the right amount of light and the tint is just slightly on the blue side when comparing to other lights BUT on its own it looks white and I hate blue tints so I am very happy with my purchase.

Love the bezel down clip but the coating rubs off, the edges have turned to metal. This effect actually looks good :thumbsup:

Now back to searching threads to see if I can get a rechargeable battery in it ?