Need to spend $80...need suggestions

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is probably a strange request, but I got $80 for my birthday to spend on flashlights or flashlight accessories, but since I bought my high CRI clicky last summer, I havent really been in a buying mode and cant seem to make up my mind on what to get.

So let me tell you what my criteria are:

1. no cool tint. If a flashlight model isn't available with a neutral or warm emitter, I won't use it.

2. I won't purchase CR123 cells, but I'm willing to use RCR123s.

Thats pretty much it. Ive already got a high CRI HDS clicky, neutral Quark AA, neutral MG L-mini II, warm MC-E MG L-mini II, H501w, LF5XT, LF2XT, and ITP AAA. Ive also got 18650 cells, AA and AAA duraloops, and a couple AW RCR123s with good chargers, so any light suggestions should probably use those cells unless cells and charger and light are all = $80 (seems unlikely, but Im willing to be open minded...)

I've already come up with a couple of options, but nothing compelling yet which is why I'm interested in hearing from you folks.

Option 1: SC51w

Option 2: H51w

Option 3: Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro v3. Description says warm, so Im assuming its a neutral emitter of some sort. I dont normally get excited about lights that are throw-oriented, but from what Ive read, this light has a nice solid feel similar to my HDS clicky.

Option 4: Dereelight C2H or CL1H with neutral pill.

That's all I can come up with.

I was seriously considering a Preon 2 (with extra accessories) until I realized they were no longer available in neutral or warm tint.

Is there anything else out there I should be aware of? I don't need to use the full $80 for the light (I can spend any surplus on batteries or something). I just have trouble believing that my options are so limited since I'm unwilling to accept a cool tint.

--flatline

AaronG

Enlightened
Wow with the lights you have it does make it hard to pick something else! ;)

That being said I really like my H51F. For a headlamp I favor the flood beam although your H501w is even more flood than the H51Fw. The UI on the 51 series lights is awesome!

I would also add a vote for the SS preon Revo if you can find one in neutral tint.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
I would go with the Zebralight H51 or H31. A good headlamp is indispensible and I think everyone should have at least one in their collection.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd add the SC60w to that list since you already have 18650s. I absolutely love the SC60 but I would have gotten the SC60w if it had been available at the time.

It's only 4" long...not bad for an EDC, IMO...and GREAT for a neutral 260L with 2 hrs runtime!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Hope you don't mind, but seeing the selection you have and the $80 buying range, I think it would be a great addition, and completely different light from anything else you have, to by a supplemental Surefire E1L. I don't care for Surefires so much, but having at least an E1L gives you that understanding of why there are so many fans, and it's a pretty addictive light to use to boot!

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having just received my SC51w back from zebralight, I have to recommend it. Such a smoking little light. Beautiful tint... perhaps a bit warmer than my last neutral light (4500K SST-50 from Nailbender).

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also recommend the Zebralight SC60w. I have the SC60, and really wish I had waited for the neutral version to come out. This light runs on an 18650 with incredible efficiency & brightness. It's the smallest & lightest 18650 light on the market, and I love it. My only complaint about the Zebralights is that they mostly have to be carried in the locked out position (turn the tailcap a quarter turn) as it is easy to accidentally activate them in your pocket, but the Zebralight UI is the best in around with 6 output settings that are immediatly available without having to cycle through all the settings. A quick press of the button = high, a double tap = medium, and a slow press of the button = low. There is a sublevel on each of those settings, and can be accessed by a quck double click while in that level. So, if I clicked the light on in high and then double clicked it then I would be in High2. Great UI & great light.