Looking for single-cell EDC for summer... Recommendations?

Z

z_Echo17

Hello all,

I am currently searching for my ideal light for summer EDC. I would like something that meets the following requirements: LED. Single cell - preferably 123 primaries, but I'm open to suggestions. Two-stage (low of 3-15ish lumens) and high of 80-150ish lumens) and I would like the low to come on first. I don't want more than three levels (ideally just the two), as I find little use in my personal life for single-cell lights with 15 secret levels+strobe+SOS+morse code+ROYGBIV, etc. Clicky tailcap switch is preferred, but not absolutely necessary. I would like a pocket clip as well but I consider that to be a bonus as opposed to a deciding factor. Optic/reflector style is not of much importance, but I would like it to throw at least a little ways. It doesn't have to be as focused as a SF TIR or similar mind you (and I would prefer it not to be more than that), but enough to put a beam across your average front yard, at least on high. I am not limited to any specific manufacturer(s) but would prefer it to be of quality - which I am willing to pay for, but would like to keep below $200 if I can.

I own both a SureFire E1L and E1B, and love them both. The ONLY reason I dont consider the E1L perfect for my needs (read: wants) is that I would like the high level to be a little brighter. As for the E1B, the ONLY thing that keeps me from simply going with it is the high-first interface. I know theyre great lights and I might be being excessively picky, but this proposed new purchase is all about being picky so you'll have to forgive me!

Any and all suggestions/recommendations would be very much appreciated. This is the first thread I've started here as it recently dawned on me that if I'm going to read this forum so much I might as well have a dang account and get the most of it. You guys are great, thanks in advance. :thanks: