Stupid Mod Idea for Streamlight 2D Twin Task.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noted that people are unhappy with the performance of Streamlight 2D Twin Task. I wonder if this is possible. First Replace the Incandecent bulb with a five watt Luxeon. Run it off of 6AA's. Now here is what I think the tricky part would be. Have it set up where it can run the proper amount of current to the 5mm leds. If this could be done where it would it would retains its function with proper current flow at all settings this might be a nice light. Adjust it where it is a tight 5watt beam and lock it in. Hit the botton again and just the small Led flood comes on at the proper current flow. Hit it again and get both bright 5watt and flood at the same time. for a bright spot and super spill light...this would be quite a light.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it's possible to fit the boards into the Twin Task's switching mechanism, but it might be interesting to throw a 1W luxeon in there and attach a MM+, and maybe a BB400 to the first two "on" positions and then some sort of custom BB (at 150ma or so) to the third "on" position to power all ten leds at 15ma each. So you'll get two levels of brightness from the 1w and a nice, soft flood from the 10 5mm's.

You'd get a big, heavy light with three levels of brightness. It still wouldn't be anybody's EDC but it might be a decent piece to throw in the back of your car for emergencies.

Jon