Acebeam        
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Welcome back from the abyss!

Default Re: Welcome back from the abyss!

Thank you Greta and to everyone else who worked so hard to get the site back up and running. I will admit I have no idea how much work it took so all I can say is thanks.

Just have to post because...I can!!

So exciting to see CPF up and running!

Thanks, PieceOfMind!
    THANKS, Tandem!!
    ***THANKS, GRETA***!!!

Enlightened

Thanx to all who helped get the best site on the web back up and running!!!
    I missed Cpf way more than i thought i would!!!

good news, for sure!

Thanks for your effort everyone, especially for staff and the people who restored these threads! Nice to see cpf back, up and running again!

Flashaholic*

Woohoo!!! Awesome job!

Many thanks to all who were involved.

Where do we send chocolates?
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tandem View Post
    New experimental feature coming soon - give Deja Vu a current cache URL, it'll try to retrieve the content directly for you. Seems to be working on my test system; going to run it against Google, Yahoo and Bing before turning the feature up on the live system.

I was going to enable this earlier but my concern is too many requests from my server's IP may cause it to be blocked by the search engines, so I wanted to make sure people were able to function with the Paste and Upload features first.
    The new experimental feature is live - you can submit a cache URL to the Deja Vu tool and it *should* be able to retrieve the data directly from Google / Yahoo / Bing. If too many people hit this feature at too rapid a rate, my server IP might get temporarily banned from one or more of them - in which case just use the Paste or File Upload features.

If anyone is consistently seeing errors / no post data extracted from what you know to be valid cache links or files, do let me know. Judging by the activity on the server log it looks like most people are making out ok.

I just wanted to express my gratitude for everyone involved with this forum. I never really gave much thought about the behind-the-scenes work related to this type of forum and I must say it is very impressive, especially for a "free access" site. I will be sure to donate regularly from now on. Thank you.

A BIG THANK YOU! For bringing back the forum

AlexGT

Hate to say it. But it ate my post just now. (And I don't man this one that I've typed out.) Sorry Greta.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Thanks to all who resuscitated CPF! I don't say much here but I read a lot which means my takeaway has been greater than my giving. I hope I can rectify that with a paid subscription.

Thanks again, especially to Greta.

JD

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Hate to say it. But it ate my post just now. (And I don't man this one that I've typed out.) Sorry Greta.
    More information than that would be needed in order to figure out what the problem is... sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    More information than that would be needed in order to figure out what the problem is... sorry...
    You're right. Sorry about that. I hit "Post Quick Reply" initially. But then wanted to add a smilie. So I clicked on "Go Advanced." When I hit the post it button, it took a very long time to go through. (About 5 minutes.) And my internet isn't slow at all. Finally, I got "Internet Explorer cannot display the web-page."

Went back into CPF, checked this thread, no post. Let me try something. Hopefully it was a one-time glitch. I'm going to post this as a "Quick reply." My next post in this thread will be "Go Advanced." Hopefully everything will be okay.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Testing . . . "Go Advanced" post . . . testing.

Sweet! It works now! Thanks Greta!

BRAVO - It's Back & Best to Greta & All who keep the site above water

I just wanted to also show my appreciation and gratitude towards Greta, Tandem, Peace of Mind and all others who unselfishly devoted their time to get this site back up and running for those of us with this dreaded lumen addiction. As they say, you don't know what you have until it's gone. Here's hoping nothing like this ever happens again!
    Bob
    Polarion PH50 & Night Reaper, AE Xenide 20w, POB 35W, SL Scorpion, SL-35X, POB 55W, Jet Beam Jet-1, DEFT HO, "X", & EDC LR, REV Victor Enthusiast, MULE 35/80W HID, Maxa Beam MBS-410.

Buttrock Re: Welcome back from the abyss!

Excellent work, and deserves a standing ovation. I know how difficult and tedious is the job of restoration from bits and pieces. Tandem, and others deserve a place in the "Hall of Fame" of CPF.

Thank Goodness. I was going crazy and started to go into withdrawal without cpf proper. Great job getting it back up and running

Thank you so much "Greta and CPF team" for getting it all up and running again, i was so happy when i saw the forum back again .

Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal DeBumio & cohorts

I want to thank Greta, Tandem and everyone else who have put in all of their hard work, time and money in getting CPF back up and running. I have been keeping track of the Threads regarding all of the issues that had to be overcome, and ALL of the Hard Work you have put into achieving the Solution is a Tribute to Persistence, Patience and Perseverance.

Thanks again
    Last edited by biker1; 03-11-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks to everybody for helping get CPF back on-line...

I realize that there are many things to fix and adjust still, but just mentioning one thing that I noticed...

The people who have 'supporter jpg' above their avatar, have their Flashaholic status (or what ever status) covered over by the supporter jpg. The supporter jpg used to be off to one side. So that the Flashaholic status could also be seen.

And now the status is covered over by the supporter jpg.

Just another thing to add to the list!

Thanks again!

Edit: Quoting from private message:

Quote Originally Posted by Greta
    Please have some patience. I have more important things to take care of than this. I will look into the problem when I have time.

Greta
    Thanks Greta, just making it known...

No hurry...

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by jayrob; 03-11-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Here we are!

Thank you Greta and Tandem for all of your hard work.

Regards and thanks,
    Eric
    -Eric

Thanks, I feel much better now!
    "Cast forth lightning, and scatter them" - Psalms 144:6

Super Moderator

jayrob, your PM box appears to be full.
    Resistance is futile...

Quote Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
    Thanks to everybody for helping get CPF back on-line...

I realize that there are many things to fix and adjust still, but just mentioning one thing that I noticed...

The people who have 'supporter jpg' above their avatar, have their Flashaholic status (or what ever status) covered over by the supporter jpg. The supporter jpg used to be off to one side. So that the Flashaholic status could also be seen.

And now the status is covered over by the supporter jpg.

Just another thing to add to the list!

Thanks again!

Edit: Quoting from private message:

Thanks Greta, just making it known...

No hurry...

Thanks so much!
    jayrob... I'm not quite sure what you are talking about as per the Paid Subscription page description... "This icon will be displayed under your username in place of your user title for the length of your subscription." If it was different previously... well... it's not like that anymore. Going through all subscriptions and manually adjusting them is not something I am willing to do... I'm sorry...

Also... while I honestly don't care that you posted a private message that I sent to you... please don't do it again. Please take a moment to review Rule #12 of the CPF Rules & FAQs.

I realize that you are anxious for all of your 'stuff' to be back to 'normal'... but there are literally thousands of other members who want the same thing. I am trying very hard to take one task at a time and work through it to completion before moving on to the next. No one benefits from me jumping all over the place with tasks in order to accomodate a member here and a member there and 'please fix this' and 'I need...' or 'I want...' ... It is good that members are making me aware of possible issues in case I am not aware. But I would rather that this be done in the Questions forum rather than by PM. I have already had to clear out my PM box once because it got flooded within the first 24 hours of the forums being back on line. Everyone has 'issues'... and I ask that everyone please realize that they are not the only one.

Thanks for your patience and understanding...

Unenlightened

Why are people caring so much about a frickin badge?
    Serioulsy, is that what guys donate (read: pay) money for?

geez..

Quote Originally Posted by kabayashi View Post
    Why are people caring so much about a frickin badge?
    Serioulsy, is that what guys donate (read: pay) money for?

geez..
    Easy there big fella... let's try to be nice, ok?

Unenlightened

Sorry boss, it wasn't meant to sound harsh.

My english ist not so gut, ja.

I lost my account during the blackout. I am like Sandra Bullock in "The net" or whatever that movie was called, guess how I feel?

Quote Originally Posted by kabayashi View Post
    Sorry boss, it wasn't meant to sound harsh.

My english ist not so gut, ja.

I lost my account during the blackout. I am like Sandra Bullock in "The net" or whatever that movie was called, guess how I feel?
    I understand... that's why I didn't ban you...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast