KX4 Runtime Question

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up to 4ea. KX4's now, having just received my KX4-HA (Grey/OD), and am having trouble deciding if I want it on my C3 or C2. I see the runtimes on SF's website, but like the P60L's, they can be misleading. The P60L was actually brighter longer on 2-Cells, than running it on 3 Cells, as it quickly dropped on 3 cells, but lasted longer.

I'm unable to find runtime graphs on the KX4, and was wondering if anyone knew where any were at, or if any one was interested in doing one? Or, if some-one can give me a recommendation as to which is better based off the emitter the KX4 is using?

Thanks in advance for any help!

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
I too am interested in knowing how long these run regulated on 2-3 cells as I only used mine once and it didn't seem to last very long.

Jeremy

mrlysle

Enlightened
Sorry no one has been able to help you with this. I too have a KX4 and love it on my 6P, but never did a runtime test with it. Hope you find out something. If worse comes to worse, I'll pop a couple fresh cells in mine and run her till she gives up. :devil:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd send one of mine in to some-one with a meter, if some-one was willing to do it. I'd even provide the batteries...5 new SF cells so they could do a complete test on 2 and 3 cells. I'd do a "runtime" on mine, but with me being a visual learner, I really need to see a graph. How long it'll "run" until 1 lumen is nice, but the one's I saw on the E2L made my jaw drop. Flat regualtion for 6 hour with zero dimming. I'm positive the KX4 begins dimming right off the bat, but without a light meter to record it, it's hard to guess. I'm mainly interested in the "big plunge", per-se, so when I go into a cave, I know how much "bright light" I have...not to "10%", or "50 Lumens". I guess in caving, or LE, this would be the only time it would be of any real concern...

Last edited:

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Is this the head that comes standard on the 6PL? And why not go with a Malkoff M61LL?

Latest posts