Getting a NiteCore IFE2 in Australia

Driver609

Newly Enlightened
Good evening everyone, amd welcome back CPF! :party:

I currently am using an old Inova X1 for my everyday duty light as a medic. It's not a bad light, except for a couple of things. 1 - it only has three levels of light: none, too much and not enough, depending on the use. 2 - it has no spill, but not much throw. Other than that, it's great! :whistle:

So I'm ready to pull the trigger on my first "real" light. I have decided on a NiteCore IFE2 from their infinilux range. The only trouble I have is I can't find anyone in Australia that sells it. There are a couple of outfits that sell others of the infinilux range, but not the IFE2.

Can anyone recommend a retailer that will ship this light to Australia for a reasonable price?

Many thanks

Driver609.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going Gear has them. I've bought a few things from there, never had a problem.

Buying locally is a rip-off. Even once you've paid for shipping, buying from overseas still proves cheaper. Australian retailers need to catch up to the dollar.

Driver609

Newly Enlightened
Don't I know it! EMS boots that cost me $120 (including shipping) out of LA retail for over 300 here! And don't even get me started on books; thank god for bookdepository...

Thanks for the feedback on GoingGear. I was looking at them I like the video reviews he does, glad to hear that they are good to deal with.

I'll let you all know how I get on. Next on the list is a Malkoff dropin when they are back in stock.

Cheers
Driver609

David-syd

Newly Enlightened
yes,.. just about every torch I wanted to buy, it was cheaper buying overseas adn pay shipping. THere are one or two cheaper online retailers now,. but still cheaper
to buy online with dicount coupon as well.

never had a problem receive anything.

Driver609

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. It's a big day for me, I've just ordered a Malkoff dropin for my 2D mag, and now I'm about to order my IFE2!

And so it begins! :devil:

bedazzLED

Enlightened
+1 on lightjunction also. I've purchased many torches from them and they are very reasonably priced, shipping is cheap, cpf discount is good. Locally, torchworld.com.au has the infilux range (not sure if they've added the IFE2 yet) and the prices/shipping a pretty reasonable.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another two dealers that are great to deal with (not sure if they have the light you are looking for) are light hound www.lighthound.com. And JS Burlys (edcf forum store) www.jsburlysflashlights.com

Light hound managed to get my package, ordered on Thursday night at 11:00, to my door at 12:00 monday morning.
Most Australian businesses can't do that !

Driver609

Newly Enlightened
Another two dealers that are great to deal with (not sure if they have the light you are looking for) are light hound www.lighthound.com. And JS Burlys (edcf forum store) www.jsburlysflashlights.com

Light hound managed to get my package, ordered on Thursday night at 11:00, to my door at 12:00 monday morning.
Most Australian businesses can't do that !

Wow, that's impressive! I have to say, not only is everything I get from the States cheaper, but the customer service is superb. I once bought a new pair of boots, and accidently ordered the wrong size. I sent them back, and the company accidently sent the wrong size again... whoops. So I was going to package them up again and send them back (they were paying freight) but instead the emailed me back, told me just to keep them, give them to someone who would wear them and they sent me a new pair which arrived the next week! Needless to say they got repeat business from me :D

My IFE2 purchase is now on hold until next pay day (unless I can sweet talk the Minister for Finance) as I bought my Malkoff dropin today. I need to pace myself, or things will get out of control!

Thanks for all the feedback though I will keep you all posted on how I go and on the new lights.