The Fenix-Store        
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,189 of 1189

Thread: Malkoff M91

Default Re: Malkoff M91

Awesome. What's the approximate output on high with the Energizers in it? Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    It sure does. About 2-3 lumens. Drawing 9.7ma. On high it draws 160ish. Should last a LONG time. Energizer lithiumís in it

Iím guessing 20-30 lumens. Mine went for like 50 hours on high off two of them. It dimmed half way through test to 5-10 lumens maybe and stayed there for like another 25 hours. Great stuff here!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

Does it still light up at 2.4v? (for those of us who use NiMh secondary cells...)

--flatline

Nope mine wouldnít light on NiMh. Needs 3 volts to work.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

So 1xCR123 is probably out as well since the primary voltage quickly drops to 2.6ish...Oh well.

Still super to have a drop-in that can give varying output across the 3v to 12v range. I'm curious how it seems to be more efficient than the M61 which goes from 3.4v to 9v. It was my understanding that a narrower range is typically more efficient than a wider range, but perhaps something else is going on here.

--flatline

Nope that works just fine. I did a runtime with a single 123. Itís back a few pages somewhere. Lol

Post 859😁

Has anyone seen a difference in beam profile with there 91 running a 22.3 vs 16.5 head?

Should get some some more lumens in the spill. It shows up on my newer model M61 using
    bounce with a light meter.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Has anyone seen a difference in beam profile with there 91 running a 22.3 vs 16.5 head?
    There is more spill, for sure. I'll do an official test and post my unscientific results.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

I only use 22.3 on all my lights/modules. Everything gains from 22.3. i had a couple of 16.5s and i modified them to 7/8" iirc... that should be the equivalent to 22.3

I think I have 1 16.5 but that came on a used light i picked up

I know for a fact that the 22.3 makes a huge difference in the Throw droppings. Wasnít sure about the others.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Lumens View Post
    New horizontal light carrier that makes carrying my MD3 lights comfortably and easily-accessible a breeze. My MD3-M91B pictured below;

I just wanted to circle back on this one. I've been wearing this everyday for a week now and I can not overstate how well it's working out. It is without a doubt the best way I have found to carry a MD3 light!

The key to success is the use of the Solarforce lanyard ring. The carrier itself does not hold the light tightly, but the loop on the ring makes for a positive-lock with a twist of the light once its all the way in. To extract the light, twist the light while maintaining a slight pull and once the loop aligns with the slot in the carrier, it comes right out. The width of this carrier is perfect for the MD3 body and the use of the lanyard ring for positive retention.

This is without a doubt the most comfortable, secure yet easily accessible way I have found to carry such a capable light!

Flashaholic

That looks really good! And the lanyard ring should give you that little bit of extra lenght needed to properly run two protected 18500 cells. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by tuelleric View Post
    That looks really good! And the lanyard ring should give you that little bit of extra lenght needed to properly run two protected 18500 cells. I like it!
    Thanks!

The flat spacer (from body extender kit) just in front of the lanyard ring makes the protected cells fit comfortably. The lanyard ring helps!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by NH Lumens View Post
    Thanks!

The flat spacer (from body extender kit) just in front of the lanyard ring makes the protected cells fit comfortably. The lanyard ring helps!
    Oh, I didn't see the spacer... Wouldn't it fit even without? In my MD3 I can run the M91B with high/low ring and two protected Keeppower 18500 by fully compressing both springs. It really just works out, not quarter a turn more. So I thought the ring would bring you exactly that bit of extra clearance to feel a bit more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by tuelleric View Post
    Oh, I didn't see the spacer... Wouldn't it fit even without? In my MD3 I can run the M91B with high/low ring and two protected Keeppower 18500 by fully compressing both springs. It really just works out, not quarter a turn more. So I thought the ring would bring you exactly that bit of extra clearance to feel a bit more comfortable.
    I prefer to not fully compress the springs (this becomes important if using a Z41 tailcap). IMO, the top of the front cell should sit roughly flush with the forward end of the body with the tailcap on and the head off, give or take an 1/8". This also leaves room for the bumper O-rings.

Flashaholic

Just ordered 5 Solarforce lanyard rings for all my Malkoff hosts, thanks again for highlighting them, NH. They should release a bit of the stress from the springs.

Btw.: Together with the belt clip they are one of the few items still available from solarforceflashlight-sales.com. Does anybody know another source of quality lanyard rings once they are sold out?

Lumens Factory - https://lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=425

Different design (thicker, made of steel wire) and more $$, but looks like a good product. May order a few myself.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940