Maratac extreme aaa questions issues

Rud

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a couple of maratac extreme aaa and both are draining batteries. Is anyone having the same issues? Also I email them twice with no response. Does anyone have a good contact there?

Total bummer as the are really cool.

Rud

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Maratac AAA overdriven with a 1040 battery. It is super-bright. It gets cycled in with my EDC lights. No problems with battery drain unless I use it too much. Nice light, really. I can't explain your problem. Mine gets used for short bursts to find my way or look behind the computer.

SixM

Newly Enlightened
I have a Maratac AAA overdriven with a 1040 battery. It is super-bright. It gets cycled in with my EDC lights. No problems with battery drain unless I use it too much. Nice light, really. I can't explain your problem. Mine gets used for short bursts to find my way or look behind the computer.
Is that the original Maratac AAA, or the new Extreme?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I got the polished stainless AAA MAratac about a week ago (don't know if thats the "extreme" model) to keep in my camera bag... Great little light. I played with it, and admired it, for about 20 minutes before putting it in my packpack to live. I just checked it the Energizer lithium is still driving it strong.

I have also done some emailing with them successfully, at: [email protected] [on behalf of [email protected]]

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
I have a brand new one with the same issue. It lasted less than one week WITHOUT USE and the battery is dead. I'll be returning mine.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
its the brand new one the extreme

I just did a little more research to find out if I have the extreme model. It seems the extreme model has a click switch tail, where mine is a nice polished stainless but no clicky. Mine's just a twist head... And I just looked at countycomm site, there's nothing with "extreme" in the name and no small lights with clicky tails. So they must have pulled it.