Powerful flashlight which rapidly flickers on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinbee

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the UK. Can you get a decent rechargeable multi-million candlepower (hand-carry) flashlight which flickers?

And by 'flickers', I mean at a rate of at least 10-20x a second. I want this as an additional feature on top of normal constant operation as a deterrent to burglars (we had a couple of attempts recently, and it would be nice for a very scary, but completely harmless way of getting rid of them).

To get maximum effect, the pulse of the flicker has to be an 'instant' square wave, rather than the way an CFL light bulb flickers - which only fades away/in gradually (and not to the full 'off/on' state) but before the next pulse.

Last edited:

Twinbee

Newly Enlightened
Ah thanks, I know now what I'm looking for. Can someone give me the brightest / best VFM strobe flashlight you can get according to the general consensus on these forums? I am looking for wide/narrow focus adjustable, and also potentially one where you can change the speed of the strobe smoothly in fine with a wheel or something - do any of those exist?

Is there a site which conducts independent reviews of (strobe) flashlights, and compiles a top 10 according to lumen output?

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think that the new ArmyTek Predator flashlight is one of the few that has an adjustable/programmable strobe brightness and frequency.

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
Get a Olight SR90 or SR91, they have a killer strobe function.

Either one is perfect scum deterent.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
CPF is about lighting of all kinds, including flashlights. Many flashlights have the strobe feature, but CPF does not support the use of flashlights as "defensive" weapons in the forums. The emphasis on CPF is lighting for illumination. Do a search for other types of forums to find your answers re a "deterrent" flashlight, not here. :)

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.