Question about Klarus MI10

tjhabak

Enlightened
I have been thinking about picking up a Klarus MI10. I notice it looks very similar to the 4Sevens Preon Revo. Are these both made by the same company? (I heard until recently Klarus manufactured lights to be sold by other makers) And, if so, has anyone had problems with the rear contact spring on the MI10, the way there have been issues with the Preon Revo? I also have Revo and luckily have not had any issues with it.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been thinking about picking up a Klarus MI10. I notice it looks very similar to the 4Sevens Preon Revo. Are these both made by the same company? (I heard until recently Klarus manufactured lights to be sold by other makers) And, if so, has anyone had problems with the rear contact spring on the MI10, the way there have been issues with the Preon Revo? I also have Revo and luckily have not had any issues with it.

I have both lights and they are actually very similar. They might have been made by the same company. The main difference is that Mi10 does not have the hidden modes (SOS, strobe, beacon) so you can cycle through the levels as many times as you like.
There's no spring at the bottom of these lights but just a raised aluminum button with four spikes. The elasticity is provided by the rubber ring around the positive contact.

Both of them are working perfectly well and personally I prefer the Klarus because it has no disco modes.

BTW: :welcome:

d1337

Enlightened
The "raised aluminum button" on the bottom of the Revo is actually a type of spring and the ribber ring is not for elasticity it is reverse polarity protection. I can't remeber where it was, but David "4-Sevens" Chow posted this somewhere.