LED Upgraded To Streamlight Stinger

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an incandescent Streamlight Stinger. I did upgrade it to the HP head sometime back, but I don't use it much. I am now considering upgrading it to LED. So far I am considering the following:

-TerraLUX TLE-ST/XT MiniStarST/XT Upgrade for Streamlight Stinger
http://www.terraluxcorp.com/terralu...htUpgrades/MiniStarSTXT/tabid/78/Default.aspx, or the

-TerraLUX TLE-HP3 LED Upgrade for the Streamlight HP Series
http://www.terraluxcorp.com/terralu...ghtUpgrades/MiniStarHP3/tabid/91/Default.aspx

Does anybody here have any thoughts on one over the other. Until I found out about the TerraLUX TLE-ST/XT MiniStarST/XT Upgrade for Streamlight Stinger, I had been considering the TerraLUX TLE-HP3 LED Upgrade for the Streamlight HP Series, but now I am weighing my options. It looks like it breaks downs as:

TLE-ST TLE-HP3

Lumens 220 vs. 180

Run Time 2 Hours vs. 6 Hours

Are there any other considerations that I should be thinking about? The TLE-ST is more expensive than the TLE-HP3. It looks like it the TLE-ST has electronic regulation and a new head, lens and LED module. I think the TLE-HP3 uses the regular HP head.

I am also interested in any other Streamlight Stinger upgrades, if there are any. Or is the TerraLUX the best?

Last edited:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best price that I have been able to find for this so far is Amazon. Does anybody know of any other places that might have this for less?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PQPQ7K/?tag=cpf0b6-20

TerraLUX TLE-ST/XT LED Upgrade Kit or Streamlight, Stinger, Stinger XT Flashlight
by TerraLUX
4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (28 customer reviews) | Like (5)
List Price: $59.99
Price: $34.45 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $25.54 (43%)

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it delivered Saturday, April 2? Order it in the next 3 hours and 2 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
6 new from $31.95
Customers Viewing This Page May Be Interested in These Sponsored Links
(What's this?)
Streamlight Flashlights opens new browser window
www.swps.com/Streamlights - Shop online & save up to 50% Online Distributor Stocks Full Line
Streamlight On Sale Now opens new browser window
www.chiefsupply.com/Streamlight - Streamlight Police & Fire Lights. Flat $1.99 Shipping. Shop Now!
Streamlight Stinger LED opens new browser window
www.thomasdistributing.com - Streamlight Stinger Flashlights. Buy Today & Save 40%
Advertise on Amazon
See a problem with these advertisements? Let us know
Frequently Bought Together
TerraLUX TLE-ST/XT LED Upgrade Kit or Streamlight, Stinger, Stinger XT Flashlight + Streamlight 75175 Stinger NiCd Replacement Battery + Streamlight (STL75914) Stinger Bulb Replacement
Price For All Three: $50.52

These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Show details
Buy the selected items together

This item: TerraLUX TLE-ST/XT LED Upgrade Kit or Streamlight, Stinger, Stinger XT Flashlight by TerraLUX $34.45
Streamlight 75175 Stinger NiCd Replacement Battery by Aftermarket $11.12
Streamlight (STL75914) Stinger Bulb Replacement by Streamlight $4.95

Technical Details

Simple drop in replacement and no modification is necessary
LED never burns out and never needs replacing
220 lumens of bright white LED light
Pays for itself in batteries and replacement bulbs

Product Description
Product Description
TerraLUX LED Upgrade Kit or Streamlight, Stinger, Stinger XT Flashlight is a light where no modification is necessary. It never burns out and never needs replacement and has 220 lumens of bright white LED light that pays for itself in batteries and replacement bulbs.
Product Details

Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
ASIN: B001PQPQ7K
Item model number: TLE-ST/XT
Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (28 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,287 in Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Home Improvement)

Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?

G. Ward (SB, CA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: TerraLUX TLE-ST/XT LED Upgrade Kit or Streamlight, Stinger, Stinger XT Flashlight (Tools & Home Improvement)
UPDATE: The ST/XT Stinger upgrade has been redesigned. The focal dome separation and poor focus issues have been resolved. I received the warranty replacement about two months ago. It works awesome. It is bright, clearly focused and has good battery life. The bulbs have a lifetime guarantee they won't burn out and are covered by a 1 year manufacturer's warranty for defects. I don't think my original bulb had a manufacturer's defect, I feel the design was defective.

The representative at TerraLUX was pleasant and helpful. No hassle at all. I would recommend calling the company directly instead of trying to address the issue with the supplying vendor.

Here is my original review:

Everything described by A. Prado happened to me too. The focus on the included lens was never quite perfect. The beam was poorly focused when tightened all the way; Causing me to leave it a bit loose to allow for adjusting. For the one week it worked, it was great. First to go were the soldered circuit board prongs... a quick and easy fix for anyone with a soldering iron. Just one day after I did the self repair, the glass dome over the LED came off... So, I put the old bulb back in and am happy with my yellow tinted, not as bright but operational flashlight. Just $50 poorer...

I also purchased the TerraLUX TLE-300 for the Magcharger at the same time. That thing is FREAKING AWESOME! Seems like a quick lens change and it would burn holes on the moon! lol! That bulb is built how this one should have been.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap quality, August 21, 2009
By
Cheng Siow Saechao "Cheng" - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: TerraLUX TLE-ST/XT LED Upgrade Kit or Streamlight, Stinger, Stinger XT Flashlight (Tools & Home Improvement)
Got the product first day everything was good untill I unscewed the led up grad kit, to show my friend when the led upgrade kit, when magnifier just fell apart. This product way over priced for the quality I'm very unsatisfied with my purchase. I "do not" recommend this product at all.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars Questionable workmanship, May 31, 2009
By
A. Prado (SD, CA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
I bought this to replace my halogen bulb which seems dim in comparison. However, the quality of this product is terrible. In the course of my duties I use my Stinger everyday and unfortunately this product is not rugged enough to handle heavy duty use. The + and - prongs were the first things to fail as they just simply came undone from the rest of the circuit board and then the clear glass dome which houses the LED was next. The end result was total failure. I attempted to contact the vendor and TeraLUX in an attempt to get it repaired or replaced but I got the runaround from both. I paid about 50 dollars including shipping for this product. I should have just spent another 30 dollars and bought the new streamlite LED. Good concept terrible quality.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

Share your thoughts with other customers: Create your own review
› See all 28 customer reviews...

ADVERTISEMENT

Ad feedback

Most Recent Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars LED upgrade
This is a no-brainer upgrade for your Streamlight. Why would you not want this especially if you already have the light. Read more
Published 7 days ago by doc

1.0 out of 5 stars Too fragile to be of any value
I had the LED upgrade for just over the 30 day replacement period when the light failed to work after a drop of about a foot. Amazon would not replace it. Read more
Published 25 days ago by Al

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent upgrade
I am very impressed by the improved amount of light this upgrade provides. I dug out my old Streamlight Stinger out of the drawer and found out the battery and bulb were no good... Read more
Published 1 month ago by Edward

4.0 out of 5 stars Definate upgrade
The stock light lens for my stinger was very dull and did not illume as well as I hoped. With this new upgrade, the illumination is brighter but not blinding.
Published 1 month ago by TopShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright upgrade
I purchased this LED upgrade to replace a broken bulb and lens on my old Stinger. It arrived fast and is of good quality. The light is very bright and projects pretty far. Read more
Published 1 month ago by Graham64

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding purchase and value
I heard about the TerraLux 220 lum Kit from a co-worker. I ordered it and I use it nightly. I am really happy with it and I will buy a 2nd one. Read more
Published 2 months ago by paladin707

5.0 out of 5 stars Stinger LED upgrade
Installation was a simple plug and play. I like the light intensity and the focused pattern of this LED much better than the original Xenon lamp. Read more
Published 2 months ago by Crabman

5.0 out of 5 stars Terralux LED
I bought this to replace the halogen head assembly on a Stinger that had accidentally switched on when replaced in the original packaging. Read more
Published 2 months ago by Petroglyph

5.0 out of 5 stars Terra Lux LED upgrade for streamlight stinger
This LED upgrade is incredible. The brightness is amazing and the white light it produces is awesome. Definitely worth the money. Read more
Published 2 months ago by Bodizafa

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and uniformed beam.
I got this for my stinger flashlight. My stinger light beam was yellowish, looked like a spider web, sucked down the battery and also got the lens hot even melting it at times... Read more
Published 3 months ago by J. Hart

Search Customer Reviews

Only search this product's reviews

› See all 28 customer reviews...

Customer Discussions
This product's forum
Discussion Replies Latest Post
No discussions yet

Ask questions, Share opinions, Gain insight
Start a new discussion
Topic:

Active discussions in related forums
Discussion Replies Latest Post

home improvement
Where Oh where has my septic tank gone? 78 39 minutes ago

home improvement
Pulling permits 34 4 hours ago

home improvement
Basement Flooring 9 19 hours ago

home improvement
furnace turning on and off repeatedly 65 20 hours ago

home improvement
Bulb extenders for CFL 3-way 12 1 day ago

home improvement
Load planning on new circuits 59 2 days ago

home improvement
Upgrading electrical from one meter 2 4 days ago

home improvement
riding garden tractor for 3 acres 41 4 days ago
Search Customer Discussions
Only search this product's forum

The Flashlight community
Latest activity 13 hours ago
4,018 customers have contributed 2,025 products, 14 discussions and more...
› Explore the community
The Replacement Battery community
Latest activity 11 hours ago
1,294 customers have contributed 651 products and more...
› Explore the community
The LED community
Latest activity 1 hour ago
6,181 customers have contributed 2,517 products, 35 lists & guides and more...
› Explore the community
Related forums

Lolaralph

Enlightened
JAS,
I used the TLE HP3 in my stinger HP, I also used the similar upgrade in my ultrastinger, both came out well, but you do have to shorten the reflector slightly to allow for a good focus/beam. I simply sanded mine on a flat surface with some 400 grit sandpaper, then the focus was perfect with an excellent beam, I found the best price on eBay from LED security solutions i think

Latest posts