Lost my E1b :-(

Tommygun45

Enlightened
So I had, before the shutdown, gone on a tangent about how awesome the E1B is and what a good feeling I had when carrying it. Well it vanished on me. Last I remember I had it and my Quark Turbo running on a 14500 on my lap and I was driving around the back roads of Maine using them as headlights, testing their throw and such. I think I put my Turbo in the cup holder and left the E1B on my lap. Presumably when I reached my destination 20 minutes later when I exited the car the light fell in the snow of this rather large parking lot. I think thats where it is, but who knows.

Either way, should I get another E1B? I really kind of have limited funds. I hated the fact that it was a single cell light and I couldn't use rechargeables in it but now I feel naked without it. It was the most expensive light I had but I've ordered a bunch of other lights since I got it, mostly getting good deals on them through the MP or EBay.

C2, 6P, 6P, 6P, Z2 all with Malkoff's, Quark Turbo, Quark Regular with 1AA body running a 14500, ZL SC60. I still don't find any of these meeting the secondary 'backup' role that my E1B did. I guess Im scared to lose it again. Should I sell one of these to fund it? I also just got an E1L (25 lumen version) thats in the mail. I doubt that will be able to replace the action the E1B gave me.

Anyways how do you guys deal with lost lights? I had been set on getting an HDS Rotary but I think if I lost that I would lose my mind.

sassaquin

Enlightened
I don't have much advice except a warning that Surefire is set to have a significant price increase on April 1st, so if another E1b is in your future, buy it soon.

Good luck with finding a replacement.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It can be pretty hard. I lost a G3L for a few weeks...tore the house apart looking for it. Turned up several weeks later. The kiddo's had "borrowed" it...they just forgot to tell me. But i was relieved to get it back. Just recently I lost one of my top 5 lights, my E2L...had a hard time getting over it, and chalked it up a loss. I knew where I lost it, and that I'd have a chance to find it again when we went back to my Grandma-in-laws house, but honestly didn't think I'd find it. But...I did find it (chance really), as it had fallen in the most inconspicous place. But I found it, 3 months later, and am glad I did, cause I definitely would have replaced it.

The E1B is a light that I can't do with-out for long either. I got rid of mine, but only to purchase a rare mint condition L6, which are much harder to get than E1B's. I have one on my list though, and am looking to purchase another very soon.

The E1B is really unique in that it's such a powerful, throwy light in such a small package, and can really sit in your pocket unoticed, or when yer limited on space, there's always room for the E1B. Plus the low on it makes it truly double as a defense light and an emergency, long runtime light. I say get another...or you'll be thinking about getting another a few times a week for the next 2-3 years.

mrlysle

Enlightened
If it was me, I'd be all over that parking lot looking for it. But if you can't find it, like sassaquin said, you better get your replacement ASAP! Good luck.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
I lost my E1B a year and a half ago. Slid out of my shirt pocket somewhere in the woods. I was sick for 2 months and I don't think I'm over it yet. I replaced it with an E2L, a D10, a Maratac AA and a Maratac AAA. I still miss the E1B.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
If I lost my E2Dl it would be heartbreak! I've owned this fine light since November of last year. Go get yourself E1b.

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
the best thing to do now is move on....
to a flashlight with a strong pocket clip :thumbsup:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh the old light in the lap routine " its just a quick drive down the street I will remember to grab it" , I have lost a couple and dropped a few by putting them in my lap while driving. It is convenient but it's also a fast way to lose or ding up a good light. If you can't find it that sucks but like me in the past it's a lesson learned.

Don't beat yourself up over it it happens you will have plenty more lights to take care of, move on and maybe look at a HDS if your buying again.

Xacto

Enlightened
I have my name and my place of residence laser engraved in my different Surefire lights, just in case some honest soul finds it in case I loose it. On the last one, I actually included my e-mail adress, too. We have a dealer that laser engraves lights for free.

In a second hand SF Z2, I placed a sheet of paper with my adress around the CR123, hoping the moment a possible finder wants to change batteries he finds the note and - seeing the price tag on a CR123 - gets second thoughts on keeping it. ;-)

Cheers
Thorsten

Tommygun45

Enlightened
What are the chances... Ive been looking for an E1B on the MP for a couple weeks now. I finally caved and bought one off Spidertactical. 10 minutes later I checked the MP again and one was posted for 75 so I got it. It has the 80/5 version however, but Ive heard people cant tell the difference too much. Also has an E2D scalloped tailcap and an E2e Clip. I only need a clip for my hat so I think thatll work. What a coincidence. Anyways I canceled my order from ST.

mintec

Newly Enlightened
You guys check under and the side of your car seat? Anyways hope you guys find your lost lights.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Tommygun45, being sympathetic of your lose while reading your post reminded me that I always wanted an E1B. Since the forum has been down, I have not spent a dime on flashlights. The forum is up, read Tommygun45 sad story and whammy, I spent over a hundred dollars. And, it is not like I really need the darn thing, Oh well :)! Happy to hear you got another E1B coming your way to replace your lost one, now we can both wait for our E1B's. Addictions are hard to recognized, when you are the addicted one....

Russ/TN

Newly Enlightened
Don't feel too bad...once did the same thing with my wallet at a gas station in Gary, IN.
$450+ in cash, 2 credit cards, SSN#, drivers license = broke and far from home on a Christmas eve!
Get you another one...great little light.