Fenix TK35

Trev

Newly Enlightened
Just received my second LED flash light, the TK35. I have to say i was a little disappointed with the light output compared to my PD31. Being that the PD31 is rated at 304 lumen's and the TK35 at 820 lumen's i was expecting quite the jump in brightness... Don't get me wrong the TK35 is bright as hell, just not quite what i expected. Any one else think this or have i just had to may to drink today:drunk:

BTW glad the site is back up and running lovecpf

srfreddy

Enlightened
Well, first, what batteries? Second, why don't you take it outside, and test the throw? Your eye percieves light logarithmicly, or as the cube root of the actual amount of light (how selfbuilt puts it).

Trev

Newly Enlightened
Using new full charged AW2900 18650's.

Your probably right, I've only tested it around the house and backyard (within 100' or so). Haven't had a chance to take her outside yet.

Ill try and do some comparison shots tonight.

nksmfamjp

Newly Enlightened
I don't know the PD31, but shining my new TK 35 with AW's out the apartment window last night put daylight in areas ~300yards away. My ex10 barely lights the face of the buildings.

blub

Enlightened
Re: Fenix TK35..any good.

I love mine, it's my new favorite light! It's pretty small and puts out a huge amount of light and still makes me smile when I turn it on. I've bought four new lights in the past couple of months and it's the only one that has worked more than five minutes and it was the least expensive! After buying the TK30 then the TK35, I'm a Fenix fan.

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened

Boy, I'd like to hear the story of the other three lights you bought that did not last 5 minutes. Especially if they were more expensive than a TK35.

To the OP, lots of great reviews about the TK35 around here. And the TK 41 is coming out in the next couple of weeks.

atbglenn

Newly Enlightened

Another VERY happy TK35 owner here. It's by far the best and brightest flashlight i've ever owned.

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened

I'm a fenix fan too. I own three fenix lights, PD31, LD10 and MC01 (anglelight) and I'm very happy with them. I ordered the TK35 a few days ago and am waiting for delivery. I don't have it yet and I already like it.

Now i've jinked it.

Buckley

Newly Enlightened

Another happy TK35 owner here. I like almost everything about it -- form factor, power source, UI, beam, runtime, etc. About the only thing that I don't care much for is the fact that it turns on to the last level selected. I would prefer a L-M-H-T sequence, but that is a small price to pay for what I consider the light canon bargain of the season.

Rej

Newly Enlightened

Just picked mine up Saturday, and all I can say is ....WOW!
What a wall of light, great build, great throw and spill....makes my nightly dog walks turn into daylight!
Mine has what I would call 'almost' a neutral appearance tint, definitely not green as some have reported, but not cool white either....I like it!
Only complaint is the holster does not protect the head or glass....but at $110, who is complaining.

3Diver

Newly Enlightened

I have abused my TK35 alot since i got it and its still going strong am very happy with it, been on more then 30 snorkeling trips, dropped it on its head from 1 metre onto concrete(accidently) alot of scratches and dings on it now, only problem is the screws on the back that corrodes, but loving it! Thanks Fenix definitely a return customer.

Hacken

Enlightened

i have all the TK11 series. in fact i am even still waiting for my second TK11 R5 to come in this week. the 35 is on my next list.

bedazzLED

Enlightened

Count me in on the TK35 fan club!
This is a fantastic light. Form factor, size, OUTPUT, build, runtime, and did I mention BRIGHT?

samm

Newly Enlightened

I've had mine for a couple months and I love it.

BoarHunter

Newly Enlightened

I have abused my TK35 alot since i got it and its still going strong am very happy with it, been on more then 30 snorkeling trips, dropped it on its head from 1 metre onto concrete(accidently) alot of scratches and dings on it now, only problem is the screws on the back that corrodes, but loving it! Thanks Fenix definitely a return customer.

They are standard M2 5mm in length. just replace them by stainless steel ones. I did it on mine. Can be found in any RC model shop for example. Personally, I scavenged these screws from old PC hard disk. They are SS with a torx head, which is more classy too.

3Diver

Newly Enlightened

They are standard M2 5mm in length. just replace them by stainless steel ones. I did it on mine. Can be found in any RC model shop for example. Personally, I scavenged these screws from old PC hard disk. They are SS with a torx head, which is more classy too.

I just search for some screws from hard drives but they are too big, did you get them from the small hard drives for laptops?

BoarHunter

Newly Enlightened

I just search for some screws from hard drives but they are too big, did you get them from the small hard drives for laptops?
Regular ATA HDD, you have to dismount them totally. They are not the one used to hold the DD (M3 and not Stainless Steel) or hold the PCB (non SS).
The SS screws are inside the mechanism and to secure the steel cover. They are non magnetic SS. Laptop drive are OK too but many screws are smaller, M1 and M1.6.

Note that you may have to shorten them. RC shops have them in SS too, used in boat models. But regular heads, not Torx. I like Torx head.

Screws used for regular assembly are not SS.

tinctorus

Newly Enlightened
Using new full charged AW2900 18650's.

Your probably right, I've only tested it around the house and backyard (within 100' or so). Haven't had a chance to take her outside yet.

Ill try and do some comparison shots tonight.
Arent you not supposed to use those batteries with the light??
Fenix says to only use cr123's with that light

Atleast according to this sight
http://www.brightguy.com/products/Fenix_TK35_LED_Flashlight.php