opinions for the best single 18650 thrower

yamaha

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to but an 18650 thrower and was looking for the opinions of some of you guys who have several of them. Which single 18650 has the best throw?
shrug.gif

Disco-Dave

Newly Enlightened
Not sure of the best but i have a dereelight dbs v3 ( xpg i think anyway ) and love it although ive had it for a while theres probably brighter out there now but cant fault mine attall ive not tried the aspherical lense which will obviously give it more throw might be work a look at anyway :D check some reviews out.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Having owned several like the DBS, Tiablo, and RRT-1, I must say that the most useful beam yet as been from the Xeno G43. It's an XP-G emmitter, deep reflector and has one of the nicest and most usable all around throw beams to date. At less than $100 bucks I think it's a great light for the money.

yamaha

Newly Enlightened
I havent been able to find beamshot of the xeno g 43 but I did see one of the Tiablo a10 and that was impressive. I have searched briefly this morning and havent been able to find a place that sells either light. (and has it in stock) Are these lights difficult to acquire or am I looking in the wrong places?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Aurora SH-40 an SST-50 700lm real output light with quite a throw. It all depends as purely for throw an aspheric desgin will probably beat this.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Best throwing flashlight that runs on 1x18650?

Check out the UniqueFire FX-UP-XML #3929, from Shenzhen: CREE XM-L LED, 1060 OTF lumens (sphere tested), oversized smooth reflector, 1x18650 button-top 3.7V Li-Ion battery, $36 + freight.

I picked one up awhile back. It is very bright. Without testing gear to validate the claim of 1060 OTF lumens, it's hard to be sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. At about 20ft distance, there is an extremely bright hot spot of about 4ft diameter, surrounded by a large ring of moderate to generous spill light. It easily lights up street signs 400yds away, yet it throws enough light all around to make it a fairly useful flashlight for going on late-nite walks with the dog, or trail walking. After 5mins on high, it gets quite hot and should be knocked down to the medium setting. It's a 3-mode driver (high, medium, strobe).

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
This is exactly what I want. Problem is I want one that is made in America. I tried peak and their light is good but the plastic reflector just doesn't give enough flood to go along with the throw.

srfreddy

Enlightened
Best throwing flashlight that runs on 1x18650?

Check out the UniqueFire FX-UP-XML #3929, from Shenzhen: CREE XM-L LED, 1060 OTF lumens (sphere tested), oversized smooth reflector, 1x18650 button-top 3.7V Li-Ion battery, $36 + freight.

I picked one up awhile back. It is very bright. Without testing gear to validate the claim of 1060 OTF lumens, it's hard to be sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. At about 20ft distance, there is an extremely bright hot spot of about 4ft diameter, surrounded by a large ring of moderate to generous spill light. It easily lights up street signs 400yds away, yet it throws enough light all around to make it a fairly useful flashlight for going on late-nite walks with the dog, or trail walking. After 5mins on high, it gets quite hot and should be knocked down to the medium setting. It's a 3-mode driver (high, medium, strobe).

kk, its impossible to get 1060 OTF with an XML. Especially with one 18650. I say the Xeno, cuz it has a Massive reflector.

yamaha

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where to buy a Xeno g43 or a Tiablo a10?
Also how do these two compare to a eagle tac t20c2markII for throw?

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
Check out ellusive wildlife or hog lights they have a XLR250 runs 1 18650 and throws just as good if not better than my A9 aspheric throws approx 250 yards nice tight beam with little spill costs 99 bucks, honestly my favorite throw light. I have the DBS with standard and Aspheric head in R2 and R5 it will out thow both. As best I can tell the emitter looks to be an R2 the light uses a very deep smo reflector and its aluminum uses a screw in aluminum heatsink pill and there are nice accessories for the light on there site. Plan on gun mounting it for some critter removal from my property.

Joe

blub

Enlightened
I have a Maelstrom G5 which is no slacker in the throw department and a JETBeam RRT-1 which easily out throws the G5 by a good distance.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Problem is I want one that is made in America. I tried peak and their light is good but the plastic reflector just doesn't give enough flood to go along with the throw.
Depending on the construction, I would think the reflector would be one of the easiest components on a light to swap out. Might need some Dremmel work, though.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
kk, its impossible to get 1060 OTF with an XML. Especially with one 18650. I say the Xeno, cuz it has a Massive reflector.

The claimants' figures (not mine) indicate 1060 lumens, sphere tested. Which is why I said "Without testing gear to validate ..." It's sphere results I've not seen independently corroborated (ie, via BigChelis or MrGman). If CREE's spec sheets are correct (and if I'm reading them correctly), then the expected output from the XM-L T6 is 300LM @ 700mA; 1x18650 ought to support 3.4V for 3000mA; and with 3000mA being 325% of baseline, lumens output should be ~975LM (LED).

Any way it's sliced, the point is this implementation is a fairly good thrower with decent output. In the field, this one sure beats an XP-G on a basic reflector.

Does anyone know where to buy a Xeno g43 or a Tiablo a10?

The Xeno is advertised in the CPFmarketplace. The Tiablo A8, A9, A10 have all come up for sale on CPF. An A10 went just a few weeks ago, IIRC. Keep your eyes peeled for the Tiablos. Check CPFmarketplace for the advertisement thread for the Xeno.

Last edited:

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
Another vote for the G5 maelstrom. with the cpf discounts on an R5 version, you can get this light for around $80. others may throw a pencil beam farther out, but this is a great usable beam that lights up way out there.

Another would be a malkoff hounddog.

bmmeadors

Newly Enlightened
You can't exclude the Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 on an L2P body from the race. It's total lumen output will pale in comparison to some of these XP-G throwers mentioned, but it's throw is hard to match.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo A10 used to be in the garage sale section of the 4sevens site.

Crelant makes an XML thrower too, think you can run it on just one 18650,
Thrunite catapult, without the extender looks sharp too