9.0 Earthquake hits Japan, tsunami warnings spread through the Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 8.9 Earthquake hits Japan, tsunami warnings spread through the Pacific

The video I have seen is horrifying. The tsunami video taken from a helicopter is so unbelievable.

Horrible happenings.

obi

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Started the same thread over at the MarketPlace, I thought CPF proper was still down.

I am very scared because I have relatives in Sendai and Fukushima (where the videos of the major tsunamis were taken).

nisshin

Enlightened

Down where I am in Nagoya, the quake felt like huge rollers going under you for about a minute. Then it started all over again a few minutes later! My co-workers were getting jittery. But we finished work without further incident.

kabayashi

Newly Enlightened

Authorities count 32 victims so far. Let's hope it won't be many more.

Japans northern regions had to shut down 4 atomic power plants due to abnormal behavior. Hopefully there won#t be any fallouts.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tsunami rolling in all over the Pacific rim - get to high ground guys!

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scary and surprising to me how far the tsunami pushes inland in the video.

Hope all who need the tsunami warning get it this time.

300winmag

Enlightened

Wow those videos of the water rushing in pushing hundreds of cars and houses all at once is just insane. Never seen a video like these before, Just horrible to think of the damage and loss of life. The earth seems to be telling us something in the past year or 2 it seems.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now there is excess pressure in at least one nuke reactor. This is a concrete indicator of potential core meltdown within 24 hrs or so if cooling cannot be restored. As I write this HHK World has stated that venting has been suspended because of high levels of radiation.

My heart goes out to those affected. On a positive note at least Japan has a very orderly society with a cohesive culture -- I doubt that we'll see sociopaths shooting at firemen and rescue personnel...

EDIT -- 10:00 pm CST -- According to RT Five nuke reactors at two power plants are officially in a STATE OF EMERGENCY. Time to break out the KI.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Here's hoping the damage and injuries are minimal.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

I got a call from friends in Yamaguchi because they were worried about my ex, who is a little too close to Sendai for comfort. After that I tried calling to see if she's okay but haven't been able to get through because all the phone lines into the country are busy.

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I saw it in the TV and was really horrible, the earthquake recalled me that struck us in 2010. I know what feels to be in the middle of a movement of land of that magnitude, already I know the noise of the furniture and the things falling to the floor without one can do nothing on the matter, only to await that the walls resist and they fall not on one.

The waves that arrived at my country were not very destructive, the authorities were on the alert and they evacuated the zones in danger with anticipation. Nevertheless, the zone of Dichato (already struck by the earthquake of last year) was invaded by the water. Fortunately the damage was minimum, but to its inhabitants caused revived them it happened in 2010.

This tragedy is a example of what would be able to strike us to any anywhere of the world. One must be prepared, never to think that nothing bad is going to happen.

My better desires for Japan.[/FONT]

Baddog

Newly Enlightened

my thoughts and condolences for the Japanese people.
many years ago i was called upon to help remedy a situation around Chernobyl. my prayers for what is yet to be.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heard a news report mention their stores are running out of flashlights!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

On another forum I follow a member made a post on 1-23-2011 saying there would be an 8.0 Plus earthquake with a high likelihood of a Tsunami by the middle of March. This was not any sort of psychic prediction but was based on extensive data charting of earthquakes and Solar activity for many years. It seems he was right on. I cannot imagine the suffering that is going on in Japan right now.

I read that flashlights were completely sold out in hard hit areas. I guess that's one thing any members there will have going for them. Blessing to all those having to deal with this tragedy. Be safe.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

I got a call from friends in Yamaguchi because they were worried about my ex, who is a little too close to Sendai for comfort. After that I tried calling to see if she's okay but haven't been able to get through because all the phone lines into the country are busy.
Still haven't been able to get a call into the country, but got an e-mail yesterday saying she was okay.
Thankfully she is carrying a neutral modded red Christmas edition L0D I gave her!

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Help send boxes of the kit pictured below by donating a dollar here.

shelterbox.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.