iTP EOS A3

rab1985

Newly Enlightened
hello, im new to the forum. i plan on getting a itp eos a3 as a keyring torch, i have done a search and people say they look well made, but would like to know how they hold up long term. also could someone post a picture of itp eos a3 and maglite solitaire side by side so i can get a better idea of size please. thank you

AKWolf

Newly Enlightened
These lights simply rock , and now come with R5's . Get the stainless one if worried about scratching, a very high value lil light.

rab1985

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the info srfreddy and akwolf glad too hear the a3 is smaller. not too worried about scratches, more about the threads wearing out, torch constantly switching its self on and it generally just breaking.

CMX

Newly Enlightened
I've had the ITP EO3 on my keychain for about a month now. It's held up nicely, no significant dings or scratches on it. I havent had the light turn on in my pocket, i twist it so it cant be activated by any movement (pushed down or sideways). Overall i think its a nice upgrade from the Fenix EO1 i had on my keychain because of the options to change output levels (and you can find them for around $20!)

GearedUp

Newly Enlightened
The A3 is a great little light. I've had one on my keyring for about 3 months now. It has held up great, and puts out a good amount of light for such a small thing. You shouldn't have issues with it turning on unexpectedly. I count 5 full turns to remove the head. I leave mine off by about a 1/2 turn and haven't had any problems with the light coming on, or the head coming loose.

I've dropped my keys a few times and it's still going strong. Just yesterday a coworker tried to toss my keys to me in the parking lot and he missed. The light hit the pavement pretty good, but still works good as new.

Great light for $20 :twothumbs

s.urfer

Newly Enlightened
After my Solitaire got as bit long in the tooth, I got me a ITP and some others some months ago.

It is significantly smaller than the Solitaire and also significantly brighter. The three modes are perfect for my use, nice flawless and neutral beam.

It scratches easily, I would reckon as much as the Solitaire. But why bother ;)

I also have/had an LED upgrade for the Solitaire, Fenix E01, LiteXpress 101 and LED-Lensers V8 & P2. The ITP wins pretty in much all aspects except scratch resistance

Pacecar

Newly Enlightened
Makes a great cap light too! Just reverse the snap-on clip that comes with it. The XP-G R5 version has a perfect sequence for me. First setting is low, next is medium, then high.

Ian2381

Enlightened
I Have the A3 stainless for almost a year until I lost it early this year, I really love that light and i even would say its a better deal than my current key chain the LD01 SS.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Long-term? I'm assuming you want something that is bullet-proof tough. That's one thing the A3 is not. Thin metal. You want tough? Go with a Fenix LD01 or 4sevens ReVo. I have an A3. I like it. But it's only $20. The cost cutting comes in the use of thin metal construction. Fine for daily use. Long-term use? Not likely at all.

fedexbox

Newly Enlightened
I'd agree with Monocrom's statement. I have an ITP on the key ring and the body is thin, but so far it's still working (had it for about 5 months).

Jackasper

Enlightened
I have had one for about 3 months and it is an awesome little light. Dont forget you can run a 10440 Li-ion in it to basically double its 80 rated lumens. Be advised to not leave it on for to long as it will tend to heat up.

jonblack

Newly Enlightened
I put an ITP A3 head on a StreamLight MicroStream body so I can use the tail cap. There is plenty of info about how to do this if you are interested. I also run mine occasionally on a 10440 but mostly on an Eneloop. This makes a wonderful EDC light.

jonblack

rab1985

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the replies guys. by long term i meant will it last a year, it doesnt have to be bullet proof just not fall apart after a month or two. i had a look at the fenix e01 and e05 but wanted something with more power as i found my 15 lumen solitaire fell way short of what i needed sometimes.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the replies guys. by long term i meant will it last a year

I've had mine on my keychain for well over a year (almost 2 now?). The finish is chipped a little, but the light still functions just like when it was new. No problems whatsoever.

--flatline

enki_ck

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the replies guys. by long term i meant will it last a year, it doesnt have to be bullet proof just not fall apart after a month or two. i had a look at the fenix e01 and e05 but wanted something with more power as i found my 15 lumen solitaire fell way short of what i needed sometimes.

It may last you years, or if you're not careful, it can die in a few weeks. It's a good light, but it wasn't build for toughness. Just don't drop it to much and it will be fine. There was a thread on the A3 before the crash where scout24 did some winter torture testing on it. The repeated drops were what killed it.