Warm penlight?

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Looking for some Warm penlights for use at the hospital. Will be buying in bulk.

The Preon II WW is out of stock and discontinued, is there any other alternatives?
The Preon II was just RIGHT.

Do you think 4sevens will release Preons with Warm S2 LEDs soon? if so, when?

srfreddy

Enlightened
Looking for some Warm penlights for use at the hospital. Will be buying in bulk.

The Preon II WW is out of stock and discontinued, is there any other alternatives?
The Preon II was just RIGHT.

Do you think 4sevens will release Preons with Warm S2 LEDs soon? if so, when?

If you are really buying in bulk, you could contact 4Sevens and ask if they would do a batch for you. There is no such thing as a warm S2, there are Neutral R4's, and Warm... not sure...

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Will problaly not buy in a insanely large bulk, so i don't think they could do a batch.

Hope there are other alternatives? this is IMPORTANT.

Last edited:

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Thanks for good tip, stienke! Seems like their website is down, but i will check it out when it's up again :)

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is incandescent rather than LED, but the Welch Allyn PenLite is well know for it's build quality and use in the medical industry. Might be worth a look?

notrefined

Enlightened
I intend to have an eiger penlight made with a high-cri xpg for the same use. You may have to source the LEDs yourself, but it may be a viable option for you as well.

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
I would take a look at the Sunlight Slim penlights. They have them in stock (although I do not know how many) in the neutral tint (3700-5000K). They are not quite warm, but they might be a happy medium between warm and cool tinted penlights. here is the link: http://www.powerledlighting.com/100lmSlim.html

EDIT: I did not think that post through, I do not believe that those penlights offer multiple modes (which may be more useful in a hospital setting). If thats the case then I do not have any other recommendations.

Last edited:

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
I'm currently looking at the Sunlight Slim penlights, looks pretty good.
Multiple brightness is important, a low mode + a higher one (they does actually have much use for high setting)

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my wife a Liteflux LF2XT some time ago that she carries in her white coat and she's been extremely happy with it. I'm hoping that someone will make a AAA high CRI light that has similar ramping capabities.

How many lights did you get permission to buy?

If you could get enough people to line up with you, perhaps 4sevens would do a neutral high CRI preon run. I'd certainly be interested in one or two.

--flatline

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you include neutral tints, here are some options:

• Eagletac PN20A
  • LiteFlux LF2XT with XP-E Q4 (a neutral 4C)
  • PEAK LED Eiger in neutral
  • Romisen RC-B3 in Q3-5C (neutral/warm)from ShiningBeam
Unfortunately, the Eagletac and Romisen are larger than some 1AA lights.
When my daughter started med school, I bought her a Preon II 1AAA in warm. Had it been unavailable, I would have bought her an Eiger; check out this detailed review on CPF.

Latest posts