Some xm-l flashlights beamshots+others+olight M31 mod xm-l 1030 OTF and 70.000 lux

ergotelis

Enlightened
Hi, made some beamshots i would like to share.First camera settings, 2 sec, iso 400 and F4.0. Car is at 85m, rock is at 100m. All stabilized, flashlights on tripod too, though i did a bad focus on the photos, i think they are still pretty good!
Below, the contenders, 4 xp-g flashlights, 4 xm-l and one old guy xr-e!
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x518.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x162.

From left to right, on first photo, with an OTF reading on 45 sec.
-Fenix TK35, xm-l led, 820 OTF rated,24500 lux, but i measure about 900 OTF.
-Thrunite catapult, xm-l,measured 830 OTF,48.000 lux due to Xm-l U2 modded bining.
-Olight M31, xm-l U2 modded too, 1030+ OTF, 70.000+ lux, copper internal base.
-Ultrafire junk, 2 amp driver, xm-l led, a reflector, and there comes a useful flashlight wit 570 OTF
-Lumapower Signature VX, had sst50, now modded with 1,4amp driver+ Xp-g R4 neutral,UCL
-The old guy, the (in)famous Dereelight DBS V1, with the famous too R2 WH, first generation, first ever R2 seen in flashlights, great color, great throw. 230 OTF with 1,3+ amp driver, 34.000 lux with UCL glass.
-Ray x60 modded xm-l T6 , 2,45 amp driver,UCL, 710 ΟΤF, nice reflector, no donut,great focus, about 27.000 lux!
-yezl Z1 modded with xm-l T6(was xp-g), 1,4amp 420 OΤF,UCL, bunch of light for small distances!
-Nitecore IFE2, with the magnet ring, 280 OTF, no mod(!).
-ΙΤΡ Α3 ΕΟS, R5 unmodded too, 55 OTF.

Now some action photos!
First complete dark:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683.
4sevens quark mini 2AA
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683.

ITP EOS A3 R5
NITECORE IFE2
RAY X60 XM-L
LUMAPOWER SIGNATURE VX R4 NEUTRAL
DEREELIGHT DBS V1 R2 WH
YEZL Z1 XM-L
ULTRAFIRE XM-L MODDED 2AMP
FENIX TK35
THRUNITE CATAPULT XM-L
OLIGHT M31 XM-L MODDED

ergotelis

Enlightened
It is great! Has hotspot, but with very bright sidespill, it just what you want for distances less than 30-40m.
Yezl now sells it with 2,5amp driver but i think it is rather high, of course brighter, but, dangerous!!!
1,4amp is pretty nice for this one, using arctic ceramique, the heatsinking is very good and can operate it a lot of minutes without problems!Xm-l produces less heat than xp-g.
My personal choice for in house usage, especially if electricity is cut off.Would work great as a bike light too!

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review! I'm surprised that OTF lumes was as high as you measured. The smooth reflectors and UCL lenses must help a lot! I used to seeing a 1/3 drop in rated lumens vs. OTF lumens.

ergotelis

Enlightened
it depends on the case or the testing methodology, these OTF might seem logical in some cases, in some not. In M31 the led gets 4,35amp so 1000+ is logical as long as you have cooled it right, i used the right pcb and a copper base in combination with a U2 binned led.

3Diver

Newly Enlightened
Great pics, i am currently deciding on Solarforce m8 xm-l, Thrunite v3 xm-l, Jetbeam xm-l, finding it very hard to decide any thoughts would be appreciated :confused:

ergotelis

Enlightened
Cheap solution: solarforce. the unbreakable solution: thrunite. Jetbeam for more modes and smoother beam profile due to OP. What is your budget and demands, the greatest thrower?

KLowD9x

Banned
It is great! Has hotspot, but with very bright sidespill, it just what you want for distances less than 30-40m.
Yezl now sells it with 2,5amp driver but i think it is rather high, of course brighter, but, dangerous!!!
1,4amp is pretty nice for this one, using arctic ceramique, the heatsinking is very good and can operate it a lot of minutes without problems!Xm-l produces less heat than xp-g.
My personal choice for in house usage, especially if electricity is cut off.Would work great as a bike light too!

I caved. I just bought the newest iteration with the 2.5A/5 mode driver. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

3Diver

Newly Enlightened
Cheap solution: solarforce. the unbreakable solution: thrunite. Jetbeam for more modes and smoother beam profile due to OP. What is your budget and demands, the greatest thrower?

I want a quality build, has a high water resistance and yep good throw, only need high and low mode mostly, what makes thrunite so indestructable comapared to the other 2 options? Thanks.

ergotelis

Enlightened
Well, buy and see it! :D
(seriously, it has very fat walls and better quality aluminium.This thing won't break elsewhere except its glass.)
Catapult is your choice!