Anyone got their hands on the Solarforce M8 XM-L?

3Diver

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering has anyone got their hands on the torch yet and what their thoughts are?

g.p.

Enlightened
I would love to find out some info on the M8 as well.

I can't seem to find out anything about the Masterpiece Pro V2 either......

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
'Ernsanada' got one and he reports higher lux reading than Catapult XM-L.

3Diver

Newly Enlightened
Theres a couple of videos of the solarforce m8 on youtube nows go have a look, just search "solarforce m8"

g.p.

Enlightened
Thanks! There weren't any vids last time I checked.

3Diver

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't resist and ended up ordering one, cant go wrong for the price and i had couple of spare 18650's sitting around that needed a home.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've posted these in the "Show your Solarforce" thread, but here they are again. :)

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Thoughts-wise, like any other Solarforce, it is great bang for the buck. Great thrower with good heat dissipation. There're tiny missing ano spot, not obvious unless scrutinised closely. One or two spots on the reflector but nothing that will affect the beam profile. It's nice that 2 switches (single and 3-mode) are provided in the package, but at some point of time, I've difficulty deciding which one I want to use. :thinking: The M8 throws better than TK35 but TK35 has a nicer, smoother, creamier beam than M8.

Last edited:

3Diver

Newly Enlightened
Nice hopefully i get mine this week latest next week, mine is from ebay as well theres only one seller so cant miss it.

@tenka what is that aluminium thing on your torch??

tenka

Newly Enlightened
Nice hopefully i get mine this week latest next week, mine is from ebay as well theres only one seller so cant miss it.

@tenka what is that aluminium thing on your torch??

it's Solarforce Full Stainless Steel Belt clip

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that a dual texture reflector? If so...it's a knock-off of the Tiablo A50. The whole light looks like an A50 as well. I've had the MPP1 which is essentially an A10 reflector. I have an A50, and it has the best reflector I've ever come across. This could be a great light if they copied the design of the A50. Of course, they weren't quite right on the A10 knock-off reflector. It had a bit of a hole in the middle. The A10 Reflector was perfect. Hopefully they will get it right this time.

Last edited:

diebythebow

Newly Enlightened
Wow very nice looking flashlight, I've been waiting till some of the members here get theirs to do some evaluations and beamshots. looks like a heck of a light for the money.

FLT MEDIC

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to use its A.I. switch with the Solarforce L2 and can you put an L2 body into the M8 head? TIA!

srfreddy

Enlightened
The AI switch is huge. The Tiablo reflectors are not the same-their curvatures are quite different, acutually, and the Skyline 1's is much deeper.

Jamjar

Newly Enlightened
Mine has just arrived in the mail, so far on the wall test the beam looks good, no signs of the rings that the Pro head shows. Will have to wait till tonight and I will give them both a work out in the padock out the back.