900 lumen drop in for the 6P????

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
900 lumens is just the output the LED WAS capable of under high current before SSC set it down to 700-800 or something. You will never get 900 ''real'' lumens from that one. Most likely 4-500 i guess. Give or take, i dont know, but never 900 lumens :)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'd say a little over 400 lumens. Probably run at 1.5 amps, at 2.8 amps your looking at 550ish lumens (nailbender)
I've heard that if you upgrade your tailcap and swap the stock lens for a ucl lens you can up the output o the sst90 to more than 900 lumens.
Otherwise the triple and quad xpg's are the only way I know to get 900 lumens or more out of a p60.

mjn

Newly Enlightened
Add about 100$ and buy something that may actually put out 900 lumen in a 6p. Real 900 +- lumen from a 6p don't come cheap :) http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-lumen-Fully-Regulated-Drop-ins-now-available

Holy smoke! that is nutz!

One of these days I'll break down and get into the rechargeable stuff.. right now, I'm just trying to get enough CR123 lights to satisfy my need...

This next light is to be mounted on my AR.. I want to be able to run cr123's, but I want strong throw along with decent flood.

Dang... 900 lm's out of a handheld 2 123 light.. freakin amazing. The more I learn about todays light tech, the more I am impressed..

shrewdacumen

Newly Enlightened
900 lumen...

Most chinese products claiming this fall far from this performance.

Playing with figures does not help but real testing.

mjn

Newly Enlightened
Ok... I just won a clean 6P. It is the 80 lumen version.

What can I do to it for say... 50 bucks? Keep in mind, I want reliability. It's to be mounted on an AR15. Big throw and decent spill is what I'm after.

What are the best options?

tolkaze

Enlightened
See what one of the custom dropin makers have to offer. I would recommend one, but only have experience with nailbender's work in that price range, and it was good!