Elzetta and SF 6PX get shot (..by a shotgun), thrown at steel plates

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
I've always maintained that the Elzetta host was under-rated. This video should help its profile. It also speaks volumes for the Malkoff modules.

TexLight

Newly Enlightened
Have to change my definition of a "bulletproof" light from SF to Elzetta +Malkoff

purelite

Enlightened
Its a shame the Elzetta wont take 18650s.

That Elzetta head is THICK!!! SF bezels fold like thin tin cans.

But it's really just as much that Malkoff dropin as the host

flashnight

Newly Enlightened
Just returned my Elzetta last week. First I was underwhelmed by the output of the M60 and second the two stage high/low tailcap did not work as advertised. That is, on my unit it had to be fully tightened to be on high, a VERY very slight turn and it was back to low mode. Just too easy in my opinion to switch it to low- my Fenix TK11 is much more positive in this regard. I emailed the company and they said what I described was "normal". I'm not bashing it as it seemed very well made/durable and I may pick up the single mode model in future but wish they were a little more honest about how the two mode tailcap works. Perhaps the single mode with the newer M61 module would be a better fit for me?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesing...I wander how an E1L (or compact TIR SF) would hold up to that torture test? Solid light though, and American made!

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Elzetta pays for that durability with the extra weight. Yes, you can hammer nails with it - but if I have to resort to using a flashlight to hammer nails, I have bigger problems.

The Surefire host combines reasonable durability with a comfortable weight to carry - the idea of carrying an Elzetta on my belt or on my vest makes me cringe.

-Trevor