Ok who else got their catapult v3 xm-l??

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
What a bright light! Cuts through the night like a hot knife through butter! I only played with it 5 minutes so far so i dont have alot to chat about... Fit and finish is pretty awesome... This is my first 'big' light.. I think i made a wise choice...
What's everyone else got to say?

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
Hi I'm thinking of getting this light as well, I have a question for you being one of the first people with one.

Does it work after freezing? I need a replacement for my TK30 as it does not work in any - temperatures. As a car light, this is useless to me.
If you do freeze test this please remove the Batteries so you dont wreck their lifespan.

Maybe I can post here with an actually *GOT MY V3 Catapult!* soon! Depending on your answer of course ;)

3Diver

Newly Enlightened
Will be watching this thread closely, currently have a TK35 am very happy with it, thinking of getting another torch but dont know whether it is a good idea to upgrade to the same Emitter or totally different type.

srfreddy

Enlightened
Pretty much all the other lights in the class (catapult, eagltac m3) will be similar, so there's really no point in getting them.

kojoti

Newly Enlightened
Well I have to disagree, I have a tk35 xm-l and a thrunite v2 xm-l and the beam on the thrunite is much nicer in my case. The tk35 has a big donut hole, and is a bit less throwy, the deeper reflector of the thrunite really gives a nice bright hotspot and just as much flood as the tk35.

xed888

Enlightened
Well I have to disagree, I have a tk35 xm-l and a thrunite v2 xm-l and the beam on the thrunite is much nicer in my case. The tk35 has a big donut hole, and is a bit less throwy, the deeper reflector of the thrunite really gives a nice bright hotspot and just as much flood as the tk35.

the donut hole is due to the LED placement, i think. Essentially, it is still a XM-L led so they should give out the same brightness. Only things that are different are reflector and how hard it is driven.

I have a TK35 as well and there is no hole or maybe not enough to bother me anyway

kojoti

Newly Enlightened
Oh sure, not saying tk 35 isn't bright, because it is, but due to the deeper reflector of the Thrunite, I like the beam better. I'm not sure what causes the donut hole, but I'm sure it can happen with both lights. But just saying they are all the same because of the xm-l...nah, got 4 xm-l lights now and they are all different :p

xed888

Enlightened
haha i see. which one do you like best? might wanna add another XML to my collection :D

kojoti

Newly Enlightened
Well right now I'm having alot of fun with a dereelight dbs v3 xm-l with their aspherical lens :) Giving me welders eyes just looking at it on a white wall. But nicest practical beam, I must say the Thrunite V2 xm-l. Not sure about the new V3 ui tho, would wait for selfbuilts review, he said to be releasing it soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts