5.11 Tactical Light for Life PC3.300 Review

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED-Resource has posted our review of the 5.11 Tactical Light for Life PC3.300! Click here to read our review.

Key Specifications
  • Brightness: 200 lumens peak, 70 lumens standard, 20 lumens low, 150 lumens strobe
  • Runtime: 13m peak, 45m standard, 4h low, 2h 15m strobe
  • Battery: Capacitors
  • Length: 8.75″
  • Diameter: 2.0″ bezel, 1.2″ body
  • Weight: 10 oz.
  • Warranty: Limited Lifetime
  • MSRP: $160

Last edited:

ama230

Enlightened
Thanks robin for pointing this product out as it has been in the dark. I love my conventional lights as they are useful in terms of using rechargeable aa's and aaa's(even in my c and d cell lights).

Then this took it a few steps further and allows for an actual quick charge without performance degradation( cycle life ). I have the smaller version of the light for life series ( pc3.300 ), like the one reviewed above , and I absolutely love it.

I choose the ramp function as I love to be able to choose what level I want and change how long it will run too( a key function for me ). Also it has to be waterproof and very durable. After looking at it for a few weeks when it came out, I took the plunge and wanted to try something new.

I was sure worth it and if a streamlight and other brand rechargeable lights cost 100+, so could this one as I had found the lapg does great deals and they give you a heck of a package. I love the deal so much I decided to buy another as they just work and performance is great.

Here are some pro's in my book.

It actually floats, head up and bobbles like a fishing bob.

The ramp function allows for dimmest light( 30-50 lumens )and 8 hours of full light on this setting).

It lasts for a month on a charge and its always 90sec away from a full charge when fully depleted. Then takes less time when you only use it for a little bit( i.e. no memory), so you can leave it on the charger 24/7 and not do any damage.

It worked at full brightness when it was -15F, and my lsd Nimh batteries (in my maglite xl50 )wouldn't work at all.

Its soo light that when you drop it, it will bounce off whatever before it damages the light.

It has three cree xp-e's and has a nice neutral tint and a nice warranty.

Nice ergonomics as it has the two buttons ( one at the tail and one by the head ) for the user to decide how he/she wants to hold it.

Alot smaller than you think it is as the pc3.300 I have is smaller than a maglite 2c flashlight.

Hope this helps and this a great flashlight that has major advantages over others and its an actual "Light for life" as this will not need to be replaced or serviced for a lifetime.

Thanks,
Eric Ramirez